I'm Tired Of Hearing How Sorry Our Recruiting Is From Someone

OldTimer

I posted earlier that Scout.com has our recruiting class ranked # 57 in the nation ahead of many well known colleges with similar number of commits.

NT started the recruiting wars early against many of the more highly regarded football schools. We have more 3 * committed recruits than NT has had in my memory and are in the running for 3 more plus a 4*. .....I won't go further on this thread and will cover it in tomorrow nights podcast. I think everyone will be surprised at the quality of players we have recruited and are recruiting and the competition we are going head to head with.

The fact we started offering scholarship early means Coach Dodge knew the players he wanted, our coaching staff had already talked with HS coaches about these prospects and reviewed game films of them and started recruiting early. To have waited would be to lose the players who would have committed to other schools upon receiving offers ahead of NT. This is what the big name schools are doing.....a welcome change from prior recruiting tactics for those who understand recruiting.

I say this.....wait until you see what will come on the podcast....and then lets discuss uncommitted prospects and recruiting on the recruiting web site.

I will not post anything further on our boards until after the podcast puts brings recruiting up to date. OldTimer

I posted earlier that Scout.com has our recruiting class ranked # 57 in the nation ahead of many well known colleges with similar number of commits.

NT started the recruiting wars early against many of the more highly regarded football schools. We have more 3 * committed recruits than NT has had in my memory and are in the running for 3 more plus a 4*. .....I won't go further on this thread and will cover it in tomorrow nights podcast. I think everyone will be surprised at the quality of players we have recruited and are recruiting and the competition we are going head to head with.

The fact we started offering scholarship early means Coach Dodge knew the players he wanted, our coaching staff had already talked with HS coaches about these prospects and reviewed game films of them and started recruiting early. To have waited would be to lose the players who would have committed to other schools upon receiving offers ahead of NT. This is what the big name schools are doing.....a welcome change from prior recruiting tactics for those who understand recruiting.

I say this.....wait until you see what will come on the podcast....and then lets discuss uncommitted prospects and recruiting on the recruiting web site.

I will not post anything further on our boards until after the podcast puts brings recruiting up to date. OldTimer

Believe me Old timer, I hope Dodge has the crystal ball on these kids he made early offers on. Dodge does have the midas touch, at least at the high school level, so hopefully it continues on his recruiting as well.

NT started the recruiting wars early against many of the more highly regarded football schools. We have more 3 * committed recruits than NT has had in my memory and are in the running for 3 more plus a 4*. .....

Good post. Have faith in the athletes that TD is going after. These are good players and I will guarantee you if they committed to BCS schools they would be ranked even higher (yes there is a bias towards kids who commit/sign with non-BCS schools) so where we end up in any hypothetical ranking will not be truly indicative of our kids.

Put this in another thread, but I'm truly interested in the response.

Dodge 2007,

If you don't like the kids that we are recruiting, then name some kids that we should be targeting. Who is TD just completely overlooking in the recruiting process so far this year? Don't give generic answers like "Wait till the end of the season and see". We had 9 years of that under Dickey. Give specific names of players we should target.

For the record, I'm very excited about the kids that have already verballed, and am excited about the others that are being targeted.

I'll gladly take any kid that we offer to early that sticks with through the entire recruiting process and signs with us in February. It shows dedication to the program and I hope they maintain that dedication in the weight room, film study, and practice and I'll try to show my dedication by making as many games as possible (road and away) during the season and giving $$$ to the athletic department so we have the best facilities possible.

Edited by UNTFan23

Well said Old Timer and I always enjoy your posts in the VIP section.

Anyway, I haven't been following NT that long, only since I enrolled in 1994, but this is the best recruiting situation we've ever been in. To somehow find a way to complain about the way the current staff recruits is absolutely CRAZY. I remember Matt Simon making excuses EVERY SINGLE WEEK about why he couldn't compete with anyone for kids. Not saying he didn't have legitimate complaints, but quit crying and deal with it or make it better. Then we had to deal with DD's recruiting strategy which seemed to be just wait until the big boys have eaten and then take leftovers. Not that we didn't find gems there and I don't mean to denigrate any current DD recruit, but you get what I'm saying.

I like to see us being competitive now with big name programs. Regardless of what some write, we have beaten out big name schools for some of these kids. And I mean offers not just interest. And also if you subscribe to scout or read the VIP section you'll see we are zeroed in on other kids that have offers from big name schools as well and they list NT as a top choice.

For the first time since I've really been following NT recruiting which is like 6 or 7 years, I feel this is clearly the best situation we've been in since the early 90's and maybe Old Timer can speak to before that.

Patrick

I just hope the admins limit who has access to the VIP section