Does Anyone Out There Have Johnny Jones' Ear?

drex

If someone is close to Coach Jones and likes my idea please pass it on to him. I believe that he and former coach Bill Blakeley have established a good rapport and I would like a part of the Blakeley era to return. Every year Blakeley would have the "theme of the year" put on the back of his chair at the SuperPit. His first year, he posted "Don't expect miracles," and when he won about 20 games that year, next year he put "Wonders never cease." What about Johnny picking a theme and bringing Bill Blakeley up for the first game to unveil the back of the chair? Blakeley realized what many coaches do not....he was in the entertainment business, not just the college basketball business.

I think the second year....the team was "Miracles Never Cease"...tying in with his first year theme.

And to the young folks....it was written on a cloth item, that draped over the back of Coach Blakely's chair.

That is a good shot of Fry in your avitar by the way. Did you get tickets to the basketball games this coming season?

Great idea Drex. Now if we could just get Johnny to put the team on the "correct" side of the floor, where God intended, all would be right with the world.

I like your Blakely idea. As you recall, Blakely also had his lime "Mean Green" cowboy boots and drank from a special Mean Green thermos. (I guess it was water) I have the photo of Blakely grabbing his tie and acting as if to "choke" himself as the refs had apparently chocked making a call. He used to offer his glasses to the refs to help them to see things his way.

He is hands down my wife's favorite coach.

Great idea Drex. Now if we could just get Johnny to put the team on the "correct" side of the floor, where God intended, all would be right with the world.

I like your Blakely idea. As you recall, Blakely also had his lime "Mean Green" cowboy boots and drank from a special Mean Green thermos. (I guess it was water) I have the photo of Blakely grabbing his tie and acting as if to "choke" himself as the refs had apparently chocked making a call. He used to offer his glasses to the refs to help them to see things his way.

He is hands down my wife's favorite coach.

I wish I was around during these days...he sounds like a real character from all accounts that I've heard. Funny stuff.