Big Improvement But.......

Cooley

I sat in amazement at the performance of Daniel Meager most of the game. Then he reverted back to the old DM.

Clearly the best game of his career. However, you can't make the passes he made when the game is on the line. He took everything that SMU was giving him most of the game but when the game was on the line, started forcing passes.

Riley Dodge will bring more mobility to the QB position which should help sustain drives (ala Justin Willis)

Casey Fitzgerald may make it into the single season record books in receiving. I can't believe that he was a walkon.

Who's the back up to #74? Starting to look like Flozell Adams!

Jamario Thomas looks like a larger Robert Newhouse. Has the kid totally lost it? This team needs some speed and quickness out of the backfield. Is Cam Montgomery a bust? Moseley is not the backfield threat we need.

Right cornerback is the most glaring need on this team!

Offensively, Dodgeball will be exciting. 35 - 40 points a game, however, will not win any games with this defense. We can't stop anybody.

Our Defensive linemen put forth a great effort but we lack the relentless pressure needed to get the defense off the field. (Hopefully, TD will save some scholarships for some back ass defensive linemen)

Overall, a good game in which we were not embarrassed.

The future looks bright! It's just a damn shame that some of us older fans are going to have to wait another 2-3 years for a competitive team.

I sat in amazement at the performance of Daniel Meager most of the game. Then he reverted back to the old DM.

Clearly the best game of his career. However, you can't make the passes he made when the game is on the line. He took everything that SMU was giving him most of the game but when the game was on the line, started forcing passes.

Riley Dodge will bring more mobility to the QB position which should help sustain drives (ala Justin Willis)

Casey Fitzgerald may make it into the single season record books in receiving. I can't believe that he was a walkon.

Who's the back up to #74? Starting to look like Flozell Adams!

Jamario Thomas looks like a larger Robert Newhouse. Has the kid totally lost it? This team needs some speed and quickness out of the backfield. Is Cam Montgomery a bust? Moseley is not the backfield threat we need.

Right cornerback is the most glaring need on this team!

Offensively, Dodgeball will be exciting. 35 - 40 points a game, however, will not win any games with this defense. We can't stop anybody.

Our Defensive linemen put forth a great effort but we lack the relentless pressure needed to get the defense off the field. (Hopefully, TD will save some scholarships for some back ass defensive linemen)

I just can't get over how bad our Defense looks and plays. Did we lose that much on that side of the ball from last year? Can we just not make any in game changes in terms of the D? Giving up 44 points to a team that could only score 9 on a bad TT defense, is frightening.

I just can't get over how bad our Defense looks and plays. Did we lose that much on that side of the ball from last year? Can we just not make any in game changes in terms of the D? Giving up 44 points to a team that could only score 9 on a bad TT defense, is frightening.

The one play we decided to send an extra lb we forced an interception. that's what getting pressure on a qb does and it is something we need to do more often.

All fair comments, but I think I saw a much quicker turnaround in the making than 2-3 years. This is a greatly improved team that still needs work.

The D is a problem; I thought their O got some gimmes tonight. Our secondary has me worried.

Our OL is stepping up (still too many motion penalties), but I'd like the QB to be more at his leisure in throwing.

Kick returns were pretty unremarkable. I don't know if the problem was Roman or his protection. Or his hair.

On the plus side ...

Most of the time it seemed that DM actually did have his choice of receivers, and frequently went to the number 2 choice when number 1 was covered. That's a very good sign.

I think DM's performance proved why he's the starter. I saw reasons to believe that the wrinkles will be worked out.

All fair comments, but I think I saw a much quicker turnaround in the making than 2-3 years. This is a greatly improved team that still needs work.

The D is a problem; I thought their O got some gimmes tonight. Our secondary has me worried.

Our OL is stepping up (still too many motion penalties), but I'd like the QB to be more at his leisure in throwing.

Kick returns were pretty unremarkable. I don't know if the problem was Roman or his protection. Or his hair.

On the plus side ...

Most of the time it seemed that DM actually did have his choice of receivers, and frequently went to the number 2 choice when number 1 was covered. That's a very good sign.

I think DM's performance proved why he's the starter. I saw reasons to believe that the wrinkles will be worked out.

You can see greatness seeping in, just give Dodge time.

You can see greatness seeping in, just give Dodge time.

I am by nature, not a patient person, but you are absolutely right. I saw a lot of legitimate kick-ass Division I college football tonight and for once, it wasn't all from the opponent. In fact a fair share of it came from our side of the ball (offensive side anyway). ;)

Could someone tell me how we lost this? I had to stop listening at 14-3 2nd quarter and at that point it was all us. 45 points, what the F***!! That's 124 points in two games, someone tell me the defense wasn't as bad as it looks...we have 9 returning starters, it was supposed to be the strength of our team!?!? I know 7 was due to an interception, but geez.

Edited by Green Crazy