Sooner Fans Perspective

FWSooner

A little over the top?

You have to understand the dilemma some fans are in.

1) We just suffered one of the worse losses in our history, after a huge "we are going to be competitive!" hype campaign,

2) Dodge and his coaching staff are currently sacrosanct, and because of that,

3) the staff can't be criticized without risking the board burning you at the stake... kinda where Dickey was 4 years ago.

So what can you do? You are angry and full of angst... lets pick on one of the new players! Let's not ask why a player was asked to cover wr's 6 inches taller and 3/10 of a second faster than him, in man coverage, with no help, all game long. That sounds like criticism of the staff!

I thought the OU fans overall were nice. Of course there were those that said "North Texas sux". And those that said "Mean Green, that's pathetic" It was really nice that one OU female fan told us to have a safe trip home. The fans were very cordial.

The only complaint about our fans was the jackass who kept yelling Boise State. What the hell is that? Oh yea, we can't beat you so I'll bring up some school that I've never been to and rub that in your face. That type of stuff is childish and gives the rest of the Mean Green Nation a bad name. When we can beat them or come close, talk your noise. Until then, shut your trap.