Patrick Cobbs #2 Rb In Miami

UNTflyer

While not "official" the Orlando Sentinel has the current Dolphins depth chart.

Cobbs is listed with Jesse Chatman as #2 RB behind Ronnie Brown. Essentially, he is fighting for the backup job in Miami.

This could be Brown's breakout year, so I don't know how much playing time Cobbs would get as backup... I guess that depends on whether or not the Dolphins can put games away, something they have struggled with for the past 4 or 5 years.

While not "official" the Orlando Sentinel has the current Dolphins depth chart.

Cobbs is listed with Jesse Chatman as #2 RB behind Ronnie Brown. Essentially, he is fighting for the backup job in Miami.

This could be Brown's breakout year, so I don't know how much playing time Cobbs would get as backup... I guess that depends on whether or not the Dolphins can put games away, something they have struggled with for the past 4 or 5 years.

They've always have a hard time with this, even when Marino was playing. Been a fan of the 'fins for a long time, and I can't remember the last time they were able to put some distance between themselves and the opponent on the scoreboard. As far back as I can remember their games were always close and determined by under 10 points when leading.

I can only hope to see Patrick in the backfield, this would be awesome!

Chatman and Cobbs are two very different backs.... Chatmond is listed at 5'8" and 245 (goal-line guy??) and has not much history of recieving. Patrick would be much quicker and can catch the ball quiet well. l would think Chatman would be playing is very short yardage situations and Patrick would be in in other situations [ when Brown is not on the field]. This is all assuming that there is not someone else on the squad (rookie) that does not move up. Patrick is a lot like Kevin Faulk of NE in my opinion.

Go get them Patrick. It helps him also that he is not a trouble maker and that the NFL (Miami) should not have to worry about what he might be doing after 1:00 AM. The NFL is big on that issue now as well. I am guessing that he makes the final traveling roster.

Chatman has no stats from last year... where was he.. injured or on the "taxi-squad or just out of football? He spend three years with San Diego and a total of 79 carries and 3 TD's.