Rosie O'donnell Might Join 'friday Night Lights'

Price is Right may have been all wrong for comedienne for Rosie O’Donnell, but another television series is claiming that they have just the right part for the former View co-host.

According to TVGuide’s Michael Ausiello, Friday Night Lights executives are trying to sign O’Donnell up for the show’s upcoming second season. Executive producer Jason Katims told Ausiello that the Emmy-Award winning talk show host has also expressed interest in appearing on the show.

"Usually we don't do any stunt casting, but we have a character coming up- six or seven episodes into the new season- of a female soccer coach who is really angry about all of the school's resources going to football. It's a really funny character and I think she'd be perfect for it,” Katims added.

“There's a scene where she comes in to see Coach Taylor (Kyle Chandler) and slams a dead soccer ball on his desk and basically says, 'You're the guy who gets everything!' It's a really fun scene, and it's the one time I'm thinking of stunt casting,” he continued.

The Friday Night Lights executive intends on formally approaching Rosie O’Donnell in the coming weeks. He also said that he will comply with specific character changes that O'Donnell might request for.

Never watched Friday Night Lights so this is no big loss.

Never watched The View (only the YouTube clip of her fight and demise). Would NEVER watch The Price is Right anyway so they could put a trained monkey in place of Bob Barker and I still would not watch it.

The book was great, the movie was good, but a TV show? Just sounds too much like a milk to me.

I'm a fan of all three. I didn't like the idea of making it a TV show...but really...it is some of the best TV out there. It just felt like everything I went through as a high school kid in Texas.

It's really damn good...and, in my opinion, adding Rosie will ruin it. The fact that, with the exception of Kyle Chandler, the cast of a bunch of virtual unknowns really makes it what it is.

I'm a fan of all three. I didn't like the idea of making it a TV show...but really...it is some of the best TV out there. It just felt like everything I went through as a high school kid in Texas.

It's really damn good...and, in my opinion, adding Rosie will ruin it. The fact that, with the exception of Kyle Chandler, the cast of a bunch of virtual unknowns really makes it what it is.

Not many movies make a succesful crossover to tv shows... M*A*S*H really being the only one that comes to mind.

I myself grew up on Florida high school football, played one year at varisty before blowing out a knee. While Florida football is bigger than 48 other states... it doesn't come close to Texas varsity football.

That and the fact there are 3 pieces of A$$ on the show. Connie Britton (Tami Taylor), the coaches wife is pretty cute as well, but Adrianne Palicki (Tyra), Minka Kelly (Lyla) and Aimee Teergarden (Julie Taylor) make my pants go crazy.

I agree they don't need to let that big, fat, ugly Dyke on the show. It would bring the hot factor way down.

Edited by GreenBat

That and the fact there are 3 pieces of A$$ on the show. Connie Britton (Tami Taylor), the coaches wife is pretty cute as well, but Adrianne Palicki (Tyra), Minka Kelly (Lyla) and Aimee Teergarden (Julie Taylor) make my pants go crazy.

I agree they don't need to let that big, fat, ugly Dyke on the show. It would bring the hot factor way down.

My attraction to Connie Britton almost creeps me out a little...total MILF.

Apparently she will play the angry girls' soccer coach who is pissed off that football gets all the funding.

:unsure:

Wow, Rosie, that may be a bit of a stretch!

watch closely and she might be able to tie all of the issues to George Bush if they really do not want to stretch it.

The show is about life in a small Texas football town. And you may exaggerate just a bit how little football is a part of the story. I'd say it's about 45% football (practice, locker room, and games) and 55% drama.

Still, I like the show and hope they decide against this alliance of evil with Rosie which is nothing more than a desperate attempt to boost ratings.