Interesting Site

Harry

How did we lose this game to SMU? <_<

Yes, greenminer, I do agree.................and unfortunately for all of us, the Fouts Field legacy continues for UNT. Might a 35-40,000 seat &................. "parking lot-accessible" new stadium at the Mean Green Village have allowed UNT to book that SLC/Miami NW game? I think most would probably know the answer to that question.

No one will probably ever be able to come up with a viable answer as to what having this football stadium (F'sF)on our campus (especially post-1970's era) has really cost us. We already know what it has done for the perception aspects of our entire school...............and I'll be hanged if the darn stadium was built in what would become one of the most visible areas of our entire campus.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN SOON, FOLKS....... We've got to get rid of this Fouts albotross before it starts costing us even more; before it starts costing us other "serious" upper scale conference consideraions but moreso for the present...................... how the longer we stay in the venerable ol' stadium will (and I don't mean......may) cost us legitimate college football coaches in Denton with postive upsides who really seem to have sincere intentions to stay in Denton if a few (apparent) promises merely get fulfilled from UNT officials.

AGAIN................We need some kind of "we're turning dirt for a new stadium" announcement soon.

Who knows, maybe most of the "almost" 3,000 registered members of www.GoMeanGreen.com will get some kind of hint about such a new stadium at the MG Village from another brand new poster, ie, or a sibling of a Mean Green football player who doesn't even live in the state of Texas; you know, like just happened a few days ago with a post from a new poster with his pointing out to all what our new helmet will actually look like? :)

Pleeezzzzzzzz.................nothing personal at all to this most welcome new poster from California whose brother is a new Mean Green football sign-ee (and who we are as NT Exes/MG fans very proud to have at UNT) but there are long time alums/fans on and off this board who probably deserve to get such information (trivial as it may seem) long before a total stranger to UNT and Mean Green football ever would. :rolleyes:

PS: Sorry, folks, but some things still haven't changed in Mean Green Country just because DD is gone and quite frankly, there are many of us who will celebrate the day when the ones who are still producing all this "exclusitivity" from our main campus (and from an "open records" Texas public university to boot)..................... hit the road, namely Interstate-35 North and with great haste cross that vaunted Red River. I still defer to our past decade standing among all in NCAA D1-A as well as past (recent) turnstile counts at Fouts Field as proof that UNT AD Rick V still needs to highly consider doing some further tweaking or house-cleaning. It still comes down to the cold harsh reality that Todd Dodge is not the one responsible for selling season tickets, promoting Game Week/Game Day and doing our fund-raising at UNT.

This would be post #8,999..... :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Idea Plumm!

Let's round up as many folks as we can to meet us at Eagle Point in Denton one Saturday morning. Our stated purpose will be to hold a symbolic Ground Breaking Ceremony for our new stadium. We can invite as many older alums from as far back as 1890 as we can. Hell, if Joshua Chilton's family is still around, let's invite them. As Darrell Dickey might say, just a bunch of "old f******. We then can invite Mr. Vito out, and others, for some great Mean Green PR. All invited alums must bring a sharp and shinny shovel from the house. (For a serious "Dirt Turning Party")

We can then jump in our cars or walk (for those who still can) across I-35. Once there, we conduct the mother of all mock funerals for Theron J. Fouts Field. Let's encourage everyone to bring a bucket as well for donations to Eagle Stadium. Who wouldn't offer minimal financial assistance to help remove such an eyesore from their daily path?

Anyway, the goal would be is to bring much needed attention (and donations) nationally, for Eagle Stadium. Consider for a moment the attention from the images and photos that may pop up in the USA Today & CNN news. (Alums from all ages wearing their North Texas Teachers College, Texas Normal College & North Texas State shirts shouting "Go Mean Green" and "Build it Now"! Hell, this innocent gathering could attract considerable donations nationally and locally. Fout's Field could even turn into a must see tourist attraction for travelers visiting the metroplex. ($10 adults - $3 for children - free under 6)

Let's hope the public humiliation will move this project along much faster or at least out of the mud. It may even help us identify 5-10 big pocket residents who love the region. I say, Why the hell not?

"If we can dream it, let's make it happen"

I would have thought that they'd pick a bigger venue. If anyone recalls, the Southlake Carroll vs Euless Trinity game last fall at Texas Stadium drew a croud of nearly 47,000. Now, I realize that most people here in Texas do not know as much of the Miami school; and it is possible that the popularity of SLC has been dimished a bit since Todd Dodge is no longer there, but I would still imagine that such a game could pull a crowd near the size of the Texas Stadium game.