Qb Question...steven Prince?

medpilot21

Yea, and Clint Longley was a fan favorite of the Dallas Cowboys after one game. Might want to go back and check his career numbers.

I'm not discounting WW, but I think he is better suited as a slot receiver or DB in this system. Just my opinion.

And the childish comments about Dodge2007 being Meager's mom are just that, childish. emmitt, nobody is calling you Woody's mommy for sharing your opinion on why he should start.

Call me childish if you want but I just have a hard time lending credence to someone who says Meager will be a superstar under Dodge when everything in his past says average. Especially when the same person writes off the only QB on our roster to actually WIN a game with his play and not just manage one of our losses. We all know that Daniel came out of the spring as the front runner but even Dodge2007 admits that WW's class schedule kept him out of valuable practice time. All I, and a few others, am asking for is a stop to the "Woody should be moved to DB or WR" talk until Fall practice has actually begun. If, as Dodge2007 is so quick to point out, we should trust in Dodge then why has it not occurred to anyone that if Dodge wanted Woody at a different position he would have moved him there? I mean if it's clear he won't ever play QB here why is he still listed as a QB? Could it be that the the QB race truly is "wide open" contrary to what some would like to believe? Could it be that Todge has actually seen video of all of his QB's and realizes there's not a stud in the bunch...especially when, as Dave Campbell's aptly points out, Meager has been "never able to maintain a role despite several opportunities."

So, yeah, I would think only a relative of Daniel would be so quick to write off legitimate competitors and hoist him upon a pedestal.

Need proof? How about these little nuggets:

However, I have heard that the Freshman is already making his presence known and supposedly quite the competitor. Daniel will just rise to another level and ultimately make Dodge ball a hit.
]

OR

Wasn't Meager head and shoulders above Wilson, Tune, and Phillips? Wasn't that question already answered in spring ball? Meager will lead us to many victories this season. He justs needs to forget about all the past sub-par poor performances and get on with the new regime.

Call me childish if you want but I just have a hard time lending credence to someone who says Meager will be a superstar under Dodge when everything in his past says average. Especially when the same person writes off the only QB on our roster to actually WIN a game with his play and not just manage one of our losses. We all know that Daniel came out of the spring as the front runner but even Dodge2007 admits that WW's class schedule kept him out of valuable practice time. All I, and a few others, am asking for is a stop to the "Woody should be moved to DB or WR" talk until Fall practice has actually begun. If, as Dodge2007 is so quick to point out, we should trust in Dodge then why has it not occurred to anyone that if Dodge wanted Woody at a different position he would have moved him there? I mean if it's clear he won't ever play QB here why is he still listed as a QB? Could it be that the the QB race truly is "wide open" contrary to what some would like to believe? Could it be that Todge has actually seen video of all of his QB's and realizes there's not a stud in the bunch...especially when, as Dave Campbell's aptly points out, Meager has been "never able to maintain a role despite several opportunities."

So, yeah, I would think only a relative of Daniel would be so quick to write off legitimate competitors and hoist him upon a pedestal.

]

OR

we just want to keep the black man down emmitt.

disclaimer for those bumps on a log... i am joking.

Dodge2007... welcome to the board... always good to have a differing opinion!

Im not sold on Meager at all. Thats just my personal opinion based on what I've seen the last 2 (painful) years. Im actually not sold on WW either. He's a terrific athlete, but I dont know if he can run this offense. I DO know that he got us our best win in the last 2 years and our only score on UT in 3 tries...so that's something! I think Tune is a non-factor. Same for Phillips.

Im very much looking forward to hearing how Vizza does, and I agree, if he is even close to as good as Meager, he'll be the guy. Already knows the spread, will be here 4 years. Thats a great scenario.

Edited by Eagle1855

I have absolutely no problem with your post above, but calling out a poster as "Mrs. Meager" is ridiculous. You like Woody and Dodge2007 likes Meager. Leave it at that.

Personally, I don't care who leads us onto the field as long as they win.

]

OR

To compare Meager's play while running the Buick and using that as his basis for Dodgeball just don't make sense. These are so dramatically different systems that I just don't think we can use anyone's play over the last 2 season's as a basis as to how they will perform under Dodge (that goes for defense too).

To compare Meager's play while running the Buick and using that as his basis for Dodgeball just don't make sense. These are so dramatically different systems that I just don't think we can use anyone's play over the last 2 season's as a basis as to how they will perform under Dodge (that goes for defense too).

I agree. The same logic also applies to Woody Wilson, Matt Phillips, Nathan Tune......bottom line, to declare that anyone will "win many games for us" or be our savior is silly.

Edited by emmitt01

This is and will continue to be the great debate.................now.................and then again............when whoever is selected does poorly against OU and SMU.

It is possible that the Freshman kid wins the job. He wasn't recruited by Army, Air Force, Rice, and Nevada and whoever else came in late for nothing. But when you start a freshman, you really have to have patience, big time patience. Just ask Matt Stafford???

Very true. This is why the "switch Woody to another position" chatter just doesn't make sense. Let the man go through fall practices and compete. If Todd Dodge then thinks that Woody should be a wideout, then so be it, but I doubt he cares for Dodge2007 or anyone elses input for that matter.

Let's leave the coachig to the coaches, how about it?