Happy Fathers Day

NT03

Thanks. I'm a first time father by 11 days. Here's how my first father's day went.

Midnight. Baby girl won't sleep, she has the hickups.

1 a.m. Hickups subside, but now she's pissed. She's not hungry, just mad. The only thing to calm her down is laying on top of Dad's chest.

3 a.m. Baby girl is now hungry, and Mom is up to help, good news. A yelp from the other room signifies the Daschund is in peril. Sure enough I run to the bedroom and there are drops of blood all over the bed. Evidently she had hurt her claw earlier in the day and then snagged it on the sheets when we got up. I bandage her paw, change the sheets, burp the baby, and change a diaper.

4 am. Sleep at last!

7 a.m. The Bassett Hound let's me know he's hungry. He's always hungry. But now baby girl is hungry again too.

8 a.m. I ask the wife what she wants for breakfast. Her reply, "It's father's day. Cook whatever you want." Something is fundamentally wrong with that answer.

The rest of the day...napping, Rangers victory, US Open golf, the occasional beer, reading my new DC Texas football mag, and leftovers for lunch.

I bought my new baby a couple of NT onesies off the 'net this afternoon.

I wouldn't have it any other way!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EagleD

Thanks. I'm a first time father by 11 days. Here's how my first father's day went.

Midnight. Baby girl won't sleep, she has the hickups.

1 a.m. Hickups subside, but now she's pissed. She's not hungry, just mad. The only thing to calm her down is laying on top of Dad's chest.

3 a.m. Baby girl is now hungry, and Mom is up to help, good news. A yelp from the other room signifies the Daschund is in peril. Sure enough I run to the bedroom and there are drops of blood all over the bed. Evidently she had hurt her claw earlier in the day and then snagged it on the sheets when we got up. I bandage her paw, change the sheets, burp the baby, and change a diaper.

4 am. Sleep at last!

7 a.m. The Bassett Hound let's me know he's hungry. He's always hungry. But now baby girl is hungry again too.

8 a.m. I ask the wife what she wants for breakfast. Her reply, "It's father's day. Cook whatever you want." Something is fundamentally wrong with that answer.

The rest of the day...napping, Rangers victory, US Open golf, the occasional beer, reading my new DC Texas football mag, and leftovers for lunch.

I bought my new baby a couple of NT onesies off the 'net this afternoon.

I wouldn't have it any other way!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!

You'll learn to love every minute of it.

Thanks. I'm a first time father by 11 days.

Congratulations! It's the best thing you'll ever do.

The only thing to calm her down is laying on top of Dad's chest.

I have been there. Some of the most wonderful moments of my life. I wish I could still do that, but she's 8 now. :(

Sounds like you've jumped right in as a new dad. Awesome, and congratulations again. B)

Wow...brings back a bunch of great memories...enjoy every second of it..it will be a memory before you know it...my youngest is now 28! I do remember when he was young enough to think I actually "walked on water"...ha! But, great things continue...he just graduated from medical school a couple of weeks ago...serves as a Lt. in the Navy medical Corps. Stationed at Norfolk Naval Hospital for his interneship...I am trying to get him home for the UNT-Navy game on Nov. 11. Already sent him an Exes "Sink Navy" T-Shirt...he thought it was "pretty cool", but didn't think he would wear it on base! Probably good thinking....Congrats on the new Dad thing...it is indeed a GREAT RIDE...enjoy it!