Satellite Camps? Recruiting Tool?

I was reading the Rivals story about Cyrus Gray, the 4 star recruit from Desoto.

Under "The Lastest" paragraph, "Cowboys satellite camp at Desoto High School"

How can Okie State hold a football camp at DeSoto High School in tallent rich south

Dallas county? How many football camps can a college have at high schools across

Texas-like a traveling circus-city to city?

Does this mean, North Texas could hold a camp at SLC or Trinity HS?

How about another one at DeSoto HS! Give the kids a chance to see Dodge Ball!

I was reading the Rivals story about Cyrus Gray, the 4 star recruit from Desoto.

Under "The Lastest" paragraph, "Cowboys satellite camp at Desoto High School"

How can Okie State hold a football camp at DeSoto High School in tallent rich south

Dallas county? How many football camps can a college have at high schools across

Texas-like a traveling circus-city to city?

Does this mean, North Texas could hold a camp at SLC or Trinity HS?

How about another one at DeSoto HS! Give the kids a chance to see Dodge Ball!

Probably just the NCAA powers-that-be trying to help those schools who you could hardly ever say are located in U.S. mega-population centers?

Still wonder why OSU was able to do that right here in our own Lone Star State, though. Sounds like a good reason to have a good old fashioned bar-room brawl to me. Festus? Doc? Matt? Chester? uh.............Ms. Kitty? :blink:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

As a side note to this, I was in Denton today to pick up my daughter who participated in Hedlund's awesome soccer camp and noticed that Dodge was doing ANOTHER camp for QB's and Receivers... I mean this guy is turning our athletic center into a football prospect factory!

As a side note to this, I was in Denton today to pick up my daughter who participated in Hedlund's awesome soccer camp and noticed that Dodge was doing ANOTHER camp for QB's and Receivers... I mean this guy is turning our athletic center into a football prospect factory!

05-uberbow.gif

I was there and watched for about an hour. Two words: Blake Cantu

Probably just the NCAA powers-that-be trying to help those schools who you could hardly ever say are located in U.S. mega-population centers?

Still wonder why OSU was able to do that right here in our own Lone Star State, though. Sounds like a good reason to have a good old fashioned bar-room brawl to me. Festus? Doc? Matt? Chester? uh.............Ms. Kitty? :blink:

Houston's Art Briles ran a camp earlier this month at Plano High. UTEP is having a camp Monday at Arlington Bowie. It's fine by the NCAA as long as the hosting school's coach actually does the supervising, and the college coaches follow all contact guidelines.

In case you haven't noticed...Oklahoma State is on the move...that Boone Pickens money is beginning to kick in....I think UNT could take a lesson or two from Oklahoma State with these football camps, etc. OSU just might be a great school to get on the football schedule...I think we would have a better shot at them than we would OU right now. I think with the "new sheriff and attitude" on the football field at UNT right now, that we would have a decent shot at OSU! Beat them in the past...let's see...who was that coach...Oh, I remember, an exciting...mix it up... entertaining...Coach named Hayden Fry Go get 'em Todd!

Very funny! That's the kind of new we could possibly get if we took a run at the kid Texas kicked off their squad recently. Not good, don't need it.....Nice Quoner...nice job!

In case you haven't noticed...Oklahoma State is on the move...that Boone Pickens money is beginning to kick in....I think UNT could take a lesson or two from Oklahoma State with these football camps, etc. OSU just might be a great school to get on the football schedule...I think we would have a better shot at them than we would OU right now. I think with the "new sheriff and attitude" on the football field at UNT right now, that we would have a decent shot at OSU! Beat them in the past...let's see...who was that coach...Oh, I remember, an exciting...mix it up... entertaining...Coach named Hayden Fry Go get 'em Todd!

Read in the DMN and FWST today (or yesteday) that T. Boone is soon to invest $6 billion (yes, I said "BILLION" folks) into wind energy projects out in the Texas Panhandle (or somewhere out there where the deer and the antelope play). Must be nice to have someone like T. Boone Pickens as an alum, eh? ;)

Also read in the FWST SportsPage today that Mark Cuban is wanting to buy the Chicago Cubs (of which BB Commish' Bud Selig was believed to have said concerning that): "Over my dead body." :blink:

Wonder if Mark ol' boy needs a local college to invest the kind of bucks he has at a school that would probably appreciate it more than any other D1-A school in the entire sovereign state of Texas? Wouldn't it really be fun to have the mulit-millions he has to play "real life" Monopoly?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen