Scout.com Reports Another 4 Star To Visit

I was checking out Scout.com, went to team directory, North Texas, WOW!

Skyline DE Alfred Dupree is to visit North Texas June 17th also-

This kid has 24 offers now for this 4 star DE-- wants to go where he can get early play time!

Dupree is 6-2, 219lbs, speed rush type of player!

Offers form LSU,Ala,Mich,Louisville,FL,----and North Texas!

I was checking out Scout.com, went to team directory, North Texas, WOW!

Skyline DE Alfred Dupree is to visit North Texas June 17th also-

This kid has 24 offers now for this 4 star DE-- wants to go where he can get early play time!

Dupree is 6-2, 219lbs, speed rush type of player!

Offers form LSU,Ala,Mich,Louisville,FL,----and North Texas!

He'll be at TD's camp

ALFRED DUPREE

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=353&p=8&a...amp;nid=2778779

Per NCAA Clearing House

Division I Core GPA and Test Score Sliding Scale

Core GPA SAT ACT

3.550 & above 400 37

3.525 410 38

3.500 420 39

3.475 430 40

3.450 440 41

3.425 450 41

3.400 460 42

3.375 470 42

3.350 480 43

3.325 490 44

3.300 500 44

3.275 510 45

3.250 520 46

3.225 530 46

3.200 540 47

3.175 550 47

3.150 560 48

3.125 570 49

3.100 580 49

3.075 590 50

3.050 600 50

3.025 610 51

3.000 620 52

2.975 630 52

2.950 640 53

2.925 650 53

2.900 660 54

2.875 670 55

2.850 680 56

2.825 690 56

2.800 700 57

2.775 710 58

2.750 720 59

2.725 730 59

2.700 730 60

2.675 740-750 61

2.650 760 62

2.625 770 63

2.600 780 64

2.575 790 65

2.550 800 66

2.525 810 67

2.500 820 68

2.475 830 69

2.450 840-850 70

2.425 860 70

2.400 860 71

2.375 870 72

2.350 880 73

2.325 890 74

2.300 900 75

2.275 910 76

2.250 920 77

2.225 930 78

2.200 940 79

2.175 950 80

2.150 960 80

2.125 960 81

2.100 970 82

2.075 980 83

2.050 990 84

2.025 1000 85

2.000 1010 86

Always Changing

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Posted Jun 11, 2007

Although Alfred Dupree (ranked No. 37 in the Southwest by Scout.com) says his favorites change frequently, for the time being, he likes Oklahoma State slightly over Texas Tech, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Texas A&M and North Texas. He says the Cowboys are recruiting him the hardest.

Alfred Dupree, the 6-foot-2, 219-pound four-star defensive end from Skyline High School in Dallas, Texas, says he's now up to 24 scholarship offers. Some of his more recent offers are from Michigan, Louisville, Texas Tech, LSU, Oklahoma State, Florida, and North Texas. Dupree also has offers from Alabama, Arkansas, SMU, Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota and several others.

"I want to fit in with the program and make sure I'll be able to get some early playing time," Dupree said. "I'm always changing my top 10, so it's hard to say I have a favorite."

Although Dupree (ranked No. 37 in the Southwest by Scout.com) says his favorites change frequently, for the time being, he likes Oklahoma State slightly over Texas Tech, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Texas A&M and North Texas. He says the Cowboys are recruiting him the hardest.

"I really don't know too much about Oklahoma State, but I know a few guys who go there already. I'm friends with Richetti Jones (defensive end, 2007 signee) and he thinks that would be a good place for me too. We talk a lot and he says the people are great and that the coaches really look out for you."

Dupree plans to attend summer camps at North Texas (June 17) and LSU (June 21).

One school that Dupree hasn't had a chance to visit yet is Michigan. "I really like their prestige," he said. "They compete every year and are always in the top bowls. They have a lot of tradition and talent on that team. They get lots of exposure too."

The only school on Dupree's list of favorites that he has already visited is A&M. "They have amazing facilities," he said. "They have a great big weight room and everything is really high tech. Also, coach Dennis Franchione is pretty cool and they always seem to have a good team."

Dupree reports a 2.4 core GPA and a 650 SAT. He says he's still awaiting his retake results.

Pretty nice company we are keeping. Here's the full article.

Although Alfred Dupree (ranked No. 37 in the Southwest by Scout.com) says his favorites change frequently, for the time being, he likes Oklahoma State slightly over Texas Tech, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Texas A&M and North Texas. He says the Cowboys are recruiting him the hardest.

Alfred Dupree, the 6-foot-2, 219-pound four-star defensive end from Skyline High School in Dallas, Texas, says he's now up to 24 scholarship offers. Some of his more recent offers are from Michigan, Louisville, Texas Tech, LSU, Oklahoma State, Florida, and North Texas. Dupree also has offers from Alabama, Arkansas, SMU, Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota and several others.

"I want to fit in with the program and make sure I'll be able to get some early playing time," Dupree said. "I'm always changing my top 10, so it's hard to say I have a favorite."

Although Dupree (ranked No. 37 in the Southwest by Scout.com) says his favorites change frequently, for the time being, he likes Oklahoma State slightly over Texas Tech, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Texas A&M and North Texas. He says the Cowboys are recruiting him the hardest.

"I really don't know too much about Oklahoma State, but I know a few guys who go there already. I'm friends with Richetti Jones (defensive end, 2007 signee) and he thinks that would be a good place for me too. We talk a lot and he says the people are great and that the coaches really look out for you."

Dupree plans to attend summer camps at North Texas (June 17) and LSU (June 21).

One school that Dupree hasn't had a chance to visit yet is Michigan. "I really like their prestige," he said. "They compete every year and are always in the top bowls. They have a lot of tradition and talent on that team. They get lots of exposure too."

The only school on Dupree's list of favorites that he has already visited is A&M. "They have amazing facilities," he said. "They have a great big weight room and everything is really high tech. Also, coach Dennis Franchione is pretty cool and they always seem to have a good team."

Dupree reports a 2.4 core GPA and a 650 SAT. He says he's still awaiting his

Edited by UNTLifer

Per his site:

Schools of Interest:

School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?

Oklahoma State High Interest Yes None

Alabama Med Interest Yes None

LSU Med Interest Yes None

Michigan Med Interest Yes None

North Texas Med Interest Yes None

Texas A&M Med Interest Yes None

Texas Tech Med Interest Yes None

I can't help but revert back to the past (EVERY DAMN TIME) when I read about another recruit considering North Texas so early on these days and seeing who we are listed with. I can't help it, I just can't help it, and would offer up to anyone here to explain it to me (as if I'm 6 years old even, please be my guest) how it was that any imbicile could have remotely thought it was a negative thing for potential recruits, fans, alumni etc to read a bi-line such as the one above?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

how it was that any imbicile could have remotely thought it was a negative thing for potential recruits, fans, alumni etc to read a bi-line such as the one above?

Rick

It's dangerous to reveal your hand so early. They, the other schools, are all watching what we are doing and adjusting their recruiting goals based on NT's actions. :ph34r:

The only school on Dupree's list of favorites that he has already visited is A&M. "They have amazing facilities," he said. "They have a great big weight room and everything is really high tech.

Will recruits be saying this after visiting our facilities?

How do our facilities stack up against the 'Big Boys'?

I know our weight room isn't that big.

Will recruits be saying this after visiting our facilities?

How do our facilities stack up against the 'Big Boys'?

I know our weight room isn't that big.

FWIW A recent poster on TexasPrep claims that our "facilities" rival A&M and are some of the best "facilities" in the country.

This post is from the Tulsa board.

Originally posted by Scott_F:

UNT can compete with the likes of A&M and Texas when it comes to facilities. New coach that has a name that is synonymous with championships in a state which worships championships. He'll steal recruits from all the CUSA schools.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by MeanGreen61

FWIW A recent poster on TexasPrep claims that our "facilities" rival A&M and are some of the best "facilities" in the country.

I think someone posted that but I'm not sure how credible this is. I didn't know if anyone knew what the other coaches at other Universities or actual players/recruits were saying or something along those lines.

I think someone posted that but I'm not sure how credible this is. I didn't know if anyone knew what the other coaches at other Universities or actual players/recruits were saying or something along those lines.

Fouts is the only place where our facilities aren't on par with just about anyone.

I found a different post on the Tulsa board that compares our facilities to Texas & Texas A&M.

I found a different post on the Tulsa board that compares our facilities to Texas & Texas A&M.

Don't take our word for it. Take the word of recent recruit Derek Tomlin

After an unofficial visit this past weekend, Tomlin said that he was impressed with the facilities at UNT.

"I was blown away," Tomlin said. "It was just the way their facilities were and everything about the campus."

Or Lance Dunbar

This past Saturday, Dunbar made an unofficial to North Texas and that also had a big impact on his decision.

"I liked it," he said. "I liked how everything was close together. From the dorms, the football field, the weight room - it was all in one spot."

The Athletic Center is BRAND NEW and state of the art. Our facilities are just as good as many BCS schools. Probably the best in the Belt (sans Fouts) and I would imagine that they are btter then any MAC team out there. CUSA has a few teams WAY ahead of the others (Memphis, Southern Miss) - but if you are looking at facilities for working out and practicing, we can hold up against anyone. We just need a new football stadium for game day. Victory Hall is attached to the Athletic Center and this makes it very easy for a student athlete to work out without even owning a car (which many scholarship players have yet to acquire)... We are just as good as anyone out there, Dickey just was a jerk.

I havent been in our athletic facility on a tour but I have seen a few other facilities pictures like UH and theirs is extremely nice. I also heard ATM built a new facility a few years ago that is awesome (Bright athletic facility).

Here is the link to an overview of all ATM facilities All facilities

Here is a link with pictures to their Bright Facility. Click on Photo Tour on the left. This thing is sweet Bright

Does anyone have a link or pictures of ours?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Biggest drawback on facilities is the lack of an indoor practice facility. That's not a bother unless it's extremely hot, extremely cold, or extremely wet.

Seems like there was a post about 6-8 months ago that stated our facilities, specifically the new AC, were nicer than Michigans. Anyone remember that?

It's dangerous to reveal your hand so early. They, the other schools, are all watching what we are doing and adjusting their recruiting goals based on NT's actions. :ph34r:

I almost took this post seriously for a minute. Then the sarcasm part of brain woke up.

Seriously, it's great to see NT listed with top tier programs.

We've got to get a news stadium. It'll help recruiting sooooooooooooo much.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EagleD

I almost took this post seriously for a minute. Then the sarcasm part of brain woke up.

Seriously, it's great to see NT listed with top tier programs.

We've got to get a news stadium. It'll help recruiting sooooooooooooo much.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. With a news stadium we could broadcast our own games, put our own spin on wins AND losses and even do local weather. :P

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...it was all in good fun.