4-star Recruit To Be Here On June 17th

MeanGreen61

Scout.com article. OK. Cyrus Gray is a 4-star running back who doesn't have UNT listed, however he will be here for camp on the 17th. OPPORTUNITY ! :rolleyes:

Fun & Friendly

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Posted Jun 11, 2007

The only two schools that Cyrus Gray has already visited are SMU and Texas A&M, which are 30 minutes and three hours away, respectively. "Out-of-state or in-state doesn't matter to me," Gray said. "SMU is a great program and they have a great tradition at the running back position. I'm also really close friends with Terrance Wilkerson (2007 quarterback signee)..."

Cyrus Gray, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound three-star running back from Desoto, Texas, says he now has approximately 50 scholarship offers, but says he's still trying to narrow down his list. "I have more like a top ten right now," Gray said. "Towards the end of summer I'll have my top five. Right now I'm leaning towards taking my visits, but you never know. If I feel it in my heart that I'm ready, then I'll commit."

Gray has been offered by the likes of Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Florida, Kansas, Colorado, California, UCLA, SMU, Texas A&M, Louisville, Notre Dame, Arizona, Oklahoma State and several others.

"Academics are first for me," he said. "I want to major in health and want a good dental program. I also want to make sure I like the environment. I want to be in a fun and friendly place that is very supportive of the team."

Although Gray denies a leader, he favors SMU, Texas A&M, Louisville, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida and Kansas. He'll be attending a camp at North Texas on June 17.

The only two schools that Gray has already visited are SMU and A&M, which are 30 minutes and three hours away, respectively. "Out-of-state or in-state doesn't matter to me," Gray said. "SMU is a great program and they have a great tradition at the running back position. I'm also really close friends with Terrance Wilkerson (2007 quarterback signee). He says to take all of my visits and to get to know the coaches really well."

Gray, ranked No. 40 in the Southwest by Scout.com, also has a few former teammates at A&M as well and likes the Aggies tradition. "They always have a packed house," Gray said. "It's always like over 90,000 people there and they really love their team. They have great fans."

This summer, Gray plans on visiting Florida and Notre Dame unofficially, "but I also may head out west to California and Arizona.

"I really like the prestige of Notre Dame," he said. "They are always on TV and that's big. Also, coach Charlie Weis is really good and I love that it's a football town. It's like Texas because they love football there."

He reports a 3.2 core GPA and says he's not sure what his SAT score is. "I know I've got it back, but I don't really know. I haven't really checked."

"I . . . want a good dental program. . . . I want to be in a fun and friendly place that is very supportive of the team."

. . . also has a few former teammates at A&M as well and likes the Aggies tradition. "They always have a packed house," Gray said. "It's always like over 90,000 people there and they really love their team. They have great fans."

. . . "I really like the prestige of Notre Dame," he said. "They are always on TV and that's big. Also, coach Charlie Weis is really good and I love that it's a football town. It's like Texas because they love football there."

I would love to see it, but I just don't see it.