Kicking Game

Charlie NT 73

First of all, there was a good steady wind out of the north-blowing south, gusty at times.

Deep snaper--both punts and FG's was--# 86, Christian Davidson, former LB, now DB

at 6-3, 220lbs, got the ball back-sharp sprials direct to punter and holder.

Held his blocks-got down field, did not screw up any deep snaps!

Punting- all I can say is that # 25 Truman Spencer has a cannon for a leg! Best punt I

thought was the offense died on abot the 19 yd line, Spencer was backed up to the goal

line, facing the strong wind- deep snap hit him in the hands-nailed a line drive type of

punt-got caught in the wind, then dropped out of the sky-that ball sailed 65 yds easy!

got credit for a 49 yd punt.

Kick offs-

Well- I thought the KO's were terrible-# 23 Woodward either was having a bad day on KO's

or he needs some more work. None of his KO's made the goal line, most were caught at the

20-25-30yd line -with the wind!

Now- FG's is where Woodward shined. He drilled home 3 FG's right down the middle, with the

football high up- can easily hit out from 45 yds or more! # 18-QB Phillips was FG holder-

One FG attempt was a bust-did not see what happened-

Kick off and FG's teams had numerious palyers, combination O and D players- to many

to keep up with. Looked like the D was holding back on FG's.

More later-Charlie

Guest GrayEagleOne

On the field goal attempt gone awry...the snap was a little high. At least, Phillips couldn't have gotten the ball down in time.

I thought that the rest of the time Davidson did an excellent job of getting the ball back there in a tight spiril and in the right place. I was a little concerned that the snapper, the holder, and the kicker were all new this year but I'm happy that my concern was unfounded. They should do well.

Also, I'm pleased with Drake at center. His snaps were usually on the money and I don't recall any that were far off enough to disrupt the play. And, no one gets by him!