Basketball Movie-

This morning I was talking to a co-worker, who is a Tx Tech grad. My co-worker was telling

me that he watched a movie called "One on One" starring Robbie Benson. The movie is

about a small town BB star that is recruited by a big time BB program, with a head BB coach

that is the bad guy in the movie.

My co-worker stated this movie was filmed at the Super Pit just after the Super Pit open.

My co-worker claimed that Tx Tech played in the NCAA regionals held at the Super Pit

back in 1976, while this movie was being filmed.

I do not remember any of this--

Any GMG fans know about this movie being filmed at NT?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Yeah, it was filmed in Ft. Collins...not in Denton.

There is a UNT connection though: The character actor who plays the head coach (G. D. Spradlin?). Anyway, his nephew played football for us. He was a player from Cypress-Fairbanks. (can't remember his name; think it was Jeff something).

If it was Jeff, I think that you have three choices...Brown, LoCaste, or Webb. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Webb who I believe was from this area.

The only Cy-Fair player that I can recall from around that era was Zene Renfroe.

If it was Jeff, I think that you have three choices...Brown, LoCaste, or Webb. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Webb who I believe was from this area.

The only Cy-Fair player that I can recall from around that era was Zene Renfroe.

Thanks, Gray. I'm pretty sure now that you've given the names....that it was Jeff LoCaste.

INteresting thread - in my day (I graduated in 90) I remember Major Green (son of Mean Joe) and also an obscure one, Maverick asst coach Del Harris' son was there. I forget his name but he like his pop was already turning prematurely grey...nice guy.

INteresting thread - in my day (I graduated in 90) I remember Major Green (son of Mean Joe) and also an obscure one, Maverick asst coach Del Harris' son was there. I forget his name but he like his pop was already turning prematurely grey...nice guy.

Stan Harris. I had him in my basketball class. Really nice guy.