2007 New Orleans Bowl

Don't know if this has been posted before or not.

But today, ESPNU has been running (on that scroll at the bottom) the Bowl schedule for ESPN for the 2007 season.

Our game will be on Friday, December 21 at 7 p.m (central time). ESPN II will carry the game.

I like that it is on a Friday; better than a Tuesday, although many high school and below (and teachers) are still in school that last day before Xmas break. I, however, already have that Thursday-Sunday off (just in case!!). :)

Here's to hoping we're somewhere better than the New Orleans Bowl this year, if we make a bowl at all.

News Flash...the NO Bowl sucks. It's better than no bowl at all...but I wouldn't call it a goal.

I don't quite understand this stance. Short of playing in a BCS bowl name for me a better destination city when you take into account our geography, relative history of winning and accessibility.....

Don't know if this has been posted before or not.

But today, ESPNU has been running (on that scroll at the bottom) the Bowl schedule for ESPN for the 2007 season.

Our game will be on Friday, December 21 at 7 p.m (central time). ESPN II will carry the game.

You guys booking your hotel rooms in NO already? I am sure the MUTS are....j/k. :D

I don't quite understand this stance. Short of playing in a BCS bowl name for me a better destination city when you take into account our geography, relative history of winning and accessibility.....

I agree...it is an easy destination when you consider our location and the such.

However, I think there is a certain stigma that comes with playing in the same bowl game over and over and over and over and over and over. I just don't think it is good for the program. After a while it starts to feel like that bowl exists strictly for the purpose of letting North Texas play in a bowl game every year and the naysayers begin to say things like:

"Little North Texas State is in the New Orleans Bowl again."..."You mean the Sugar Bowl?"..."No, no, no. The New Orleans Bowl. You know, that bowl game that is the lowest on the bowl game totem pole?"

New Orleans is a great destination...but given the choice of the NOLA Bowl or another (even Boise), I wouldn't want to go there again. We've been there, we've done that. And besides...NOLA and I don't mix well.

You gotta do more then show up to a bowl game though. Y'all looked pretty awful in the Motor City bowl.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, we had about 70 scholly's due to NCAA academic sanctions. Also, Central Michigan was obvioulsy far superior to the team we had on the field that day. I think we did our best against a really good team, but I agree, it was embarrassing if we hadn't tried our best, but we did, so I stick by my team. I wish we could have gotten a team clsoer to our level to play, but it didn't happen. I think we will be a bit beter now that we've had a full recruiting season and the sanctions have been lifted.