Homecoming 2006

GreenBat

Here is the problem with the students who attend games.

I think the team will at least give effort on every play. THe team didn't care this game and it showed.

I hope these same students go back to homecoming this year and do another

video on their experience at a 2007 FB game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNg2sh3MGA

I think it's this perception of our school (that we suck) that stops many students from staying in contact with their school after graduating.

Hopefully, this are changing for the better.

Edited by UNTFan23

And for those of us blocked from viewing YouTube at work...brief description?

A couple freshman take a camera and record their game day experience and what they're thinking as they tailgate with the 'rents and then goto the game. about 6 minutes long IIRC, with the guy doing most of the talking.

Mostly just goofin' around, with short quips about a) the weird/obsessive fans that were walking around or, B) how the team was not that good. He said they stopped watching after it was MTSU 14 - UNT 0.

A couple freshman take a camera and record their game day experience and what they're thinking as they tailgate with the 'rents and then goto the game. about 6 minutes long IIRC, with the guy doing most of the talking.

Mostly just goofin' around, with short quips about a) the weird/obsessive fans that were walking around or, B) how the team was not that good. He said they stopped watching after it was MTSU 14 - UNT 0.

Kinda sad...

---There is a world of difference of being a fan from a winning program and a non-winning one. I grew up in a high school than won a lot (Brownwood) and attended a lot Permian games as well after moving West. Midland when I got here was awful and the fan attitude as well. They accepted losing... which I never had. The attitude here has changed a great deal but still not to Bwd standards.

---I see the same is true around UNT football.... there are a lot of fans who hope not to lose instead of "expecting" to win....They say they want to win but their attitude is not that of one who expects to win..... there is a big difference. The players do understand the attitude of the fans in the stands and it matters. I am hoping that the appearance of Dodge will change the mind-set especially on the games that are not "body-bag" games. I have seen too much poor attitude by fans in the stands and players who think the game is over when we get 10 or more points down. This is not a criticism of UNT fans really but just states the way things are. I love the fact that Dodge is signing kids from winning programs and not just good players...... THOSE KIDS DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE AND WILL DO WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO GET A WIN AND WILL NOT GIVE UP WHEN THINGS ARE GOING BAD...especially if the fans are still supporting them and giving encouragement (loud) and not heading for the exists etc. They will not always win but they will always do what they are capable of.... That is why I was a great Staubach fan... He may have not the the best techical QB of all time but he never gave up trying and he did not accept anything but the best from his teammates. Football is also a mind game.... I have seen too many opponents that realize they are supposed to lose and just throw in the towel once a few bad things happen to them or play too careful when they lead and the pressure gets to them.

---Never give up.... if things get terrible at least try to make the score more respectable...besides weird things sometimes happen.. Tech came from 31 down to win their Bowl game this year --- Manning was seemingly hopelessly behind the invincible Brady (21 points?) this year, but he won. ...

I love that West-Texas attitude.... This area was settled by risk-takers and it still shows.

WIN -- or go down trying. !!

Oh please, didn't y'all catch the key sentence by both of these two kids when they were walking back from spending what looked like a brief, miserable "visit" with their parents during an extremely early part of the day before tailgating even got started?

"If you want to have fun then DON'T go to a tailgate party..........unless you have friends that do that sort of thing,.........WHICH WE DON'T HAVE. WE DON'T KNOW ANYONE HERE".

These are two individuals who were made for COMMUTING and I doubt they spend two hours after friday morning's classes are over in or around Denton and never return until late Sunday night! How in freakin hell can you live on campus and NOT know anyone? It wouldn't matter if they were attending LSU they wouldn't be a part of anything. I'll bet they both end up dropping out or transferring. What a sad waste of the best years of your life. Get involved people, get involved!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

These are two individuals who were made for COMMUTING and I doubt they spend two hours after friday morning's classes are over in or around Denton and never return until late Sunday night! How in freakin hell can you live on campus and NOT know anyone? It wouldn't matter if they were attending LSU they wouldn't be a part of anything. I'll bet they both end up dropping out or transferring. What a sad waste of the best years of your life. Get involved people, get involved!

Rick

Was that Spencer Wolf in the movie?

Haven't seen the movie yet, but they call Spencer the "jolly green giant" most of the time. I'd bet he's talking about Bill, Spencer, and the crew. I wonder if that picture of all the Clarkies is still up on the Lyceum wall... :D