North Texas To Face K-state In 08

Smitty

I don't find it funny at all other than the fact that someone who I would asusme is a supportive fan of the Mean Green would spend that much effort defending the most disgruntled employee on campus the past 9 years. But hey, if someone thinks it's the Mean Green way for a coach to go into games telling alumni they have little hope to win then attempt to run out the clock and get back home ASAP against bigger programs, one who tells audiences this place sucks, call fans to their faces "Mother @uckers" then somehow finds justification to complain that no one is buying season tickets, then who am I to try and convince them otherwise?

Stupid FirefightnRick!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

--Agree.. it is not all that funny.... sounds like a post "happy-hour" post. Perhaps DD did the best he could but he finished with back to back 2-9 and 3-9 years and passed out black uniforms in his last home game..... enough said. The Dodge era has arrived.

You're wasting your time, ol' buddy. There are no shades of grey on this board. There's black, white, and Darrell Dickey with the little ghostbusters symbol over his face. That's it. The fact that your posts here were interpreted as just pro-DD and caused comments having ZERO to do with this discussion (that he was disgruntled?!? that he called the fans f'ers?!? this is the argument we're falling back on?!? what does that have to do with KSU?!?) speaks volumes. Basically, and correct me if i'm wrong, what you were simply saying is that KSt of the 80's was a totally inferior product to KSt of the late 90's/2000s, and that at both times KSt had equal economic advantages over NT, yes? I think it's universally accepted that KSt was, if not THE worst team in all of D1 in the 80's then bottom two or three, and last I checked Bill Snyder was credited for engineering one of the biggest turnarounds of a program (if not THE biggest) in CFB history. A LOT of people got their tails kicked by the Cats as bad as we did around 2000 - while in the 80's, they didn't beat ANYBODY. They were awful. A laughingstock. They were Temple. They were Buffalo.

I enjoyed the hell out of those early 2000's teams here at NT. They were damn good squads, and we all enjoyed the ride, no matter what the hell anyone thinks personally about their coach. I wasn't around during the Fry days, but I know those teams were the proudest I've ever been of NT football. I'm not going to let someone with a silly personal grudge piss all over that by illustrating how much better we were in the 80's when we split with the worst team in D1. The only thing similar about KSt then and now is the purple & silver.

This has nothing to with Darrell Dickey. Don't belittle the accomplishments of one of the bright spots in NT football history by making ludicrous comparisons with no basis in reality. A lot of people got blown out by KSU. And you know what, I'll bet you dollars to donuts the 2000 team would have whipped the asses of the worst team in D1 10 out of 10 times.

I gotta go. Darrell Dickey is lurking around my backyard wearing a cloak made of dead babies and a sword covered in what appears to be virgin's blood. I need to go stop him before he siphons my gas again.

what you were simply saying is that KSt of the 80's was a totally inferior product to KSt of the late 90's/2000s, and that at both times KSt had equal economic advantages over NT, yes?

Ah yes, but don't leave out how in '05 K State was also a totally superior product to and had an economic advantage over Marshall, who they finally beat in Manhatten that year 21-19. But most importantly they got that big win over FIU as well 35-21 in only FIU's second season in 1-A and 4th season overall to sponsor football.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Ah yes, but don't leave out how in '05 K State was also a totally superior product to and had an economic advantage over Marshall, who they finally beat in Manhatten that year 21-19. But most importantly they got that big win over FIU as well 35-21 in only FIU's second season in 1-A and 4th season overall to sponsor football.

Rick

Good point and games like that give us hope,, but there is more parity in the last 5 years of college football than anytime before. The scholarship rules were different then and more talent could be hoarded by the "haves."

On the other hand, who cares if we win OOC games? :lol:

Rick

Stop it Rick! Interjecting the accomplishments of teams whose coaches believed in them and the programs they represented does nothing more than derail what could have been a perfectly good argument between two mutually exclusive points...ad nauseum.