Question For The Masses

Cr1028

True, but athleticism can make up for bad decisions easier than a good decision can against athleticism.

It can when you're playing teams with lesser athletes. It will fail against teams with superior athletes most of the time, because remember--the QB is relying on the ability of his OL, receiver corps, and RB's.

That's where the 'good decisions' part comes in. UNT played teams with equal or better athletes all season last year with a couple of exceptions. The QB who has both athleticism and good decision making ability is invaluable.

Before DD really got to him, Woody would just get it done. When was the last time we had a guy in his first game at UNT come off the bench and drive down for a touchdown against the defending national champions or even just UT for that matter?

He has the talent, he can get it done. We have too many DBs as it is.

He finished with the highest completion percentage and the highest passer rating of all of our qbs this year while running for his life.

It can when you're playing teams with lesser athletes. It will fail against teams with superior athletes most of the time, because remember--the QB is relying on the ability of his OL, receiver corps, and RB's.

That's where the 'good decisions' part comes in. UNT played teams with equal or better athletes all season last year with a couple of exceptions. The QB who has both athleticism and good decision making ability is invaluable.

You thinking of anyone in particular there, Jim? ;)

You thinking of anyone in particular there, Jim? ;)

LOL!

Well, truthfully I wasn't, but I know where you're going. The QB I believe you are thinking of--although incredibly naturally talented--didn't really blossom (IMO) until he learned 'check down, check down, throw it away, or haul ass. don't take the sack' :lol: Until then, there was a lot more Maalox consumed--and fistfuls of hair torn out--by fandom.

After he developed that aspect of his game, he was unstoppable. That's the point I was trying to make, I guess. And having said that, I believe--at least in my watching of TD's offense--that that's exactly what the Mean Green QB's are going to learn.

Very quickly. ;)

LOL!

Well, truthfully I wasn't, but I know where you're going. The QB I believe you are thinking of--although incredibly naturally talented--didn't really blossom (IMO) until he learned 'check down, check down, throw it away, or haul ass. don't take the sack' :lol: Until then, there was a lot more Maalox consumed--and fistfuls of hair torn out--by fandom.

After he developed that aspect of his game, he was unstoppable. That's the point I was trying to make, I guess. And having said that, I believe--at least in my watching of TD's offense--that that's exactly what the Mean Green QB's are going to learn.

Very quickly. ;)

Oh c'mon we know who you're talking about, why not refer to him by name? :D

Last season, all of our QB's were running for their lives, with missed blocking assignments, biltz's,

and open gate blocking. Also, how many times did Jamario get hit just as he received the hand off

from the QB! Here are my points- Our O-line needs some help!

I am very happy to have Spencer Leftwich back as the O-line coach. I really beleive Coach Leftwich will vastly improve the o-line players, playing skills, and level of play, then -

Add in Coach Todd Ford, offensive coordinator, teaching, coaching, and directing the offense, the

entire offensive team will be successful!

This is where my QB choice, Woody Wilson, will excell. Give Woody some time, some room, or

any opportunity, he will make things happen! Same for Jamario, Cam, and for our WR's! I beleive

Coach Dodge and his staff will have the offense rolling faster that most think!

Last season, all of our QB's were running for their lives, with missed blocking assignments, biltz's,

and open gate blocking. Also, how many times did Jamario get hit just as he received the hand off

from the QB! Here are my points- Our O-line needs some help!

I am very happy to have Spencer Leftwich back as the O-line coach. I really beleive Coach Leftwich will vastly improve the o-line players, playing skills, and level of play, then -

Add in Coach Todd Ford, offensive coordinator, teaching, coaching, and directing the offense, the

entire offensive team will be successful!

I expect much better things from the O-line this year, and team in general as far as assignments and completing them.

Edited by NT80