Austin Westlake Qb Foles

greenminer

This kid has NFL written all over him (QB). Whoever even remotely considers moving him to another position should be fired.

I agree this kids got the size arm strength, he seems to be patient and have good pocket presence and can role out and still throw accurately down field. I don't want to step on Viza toes either but I do hope TD is in touch with this kid. Is there any update on TD's father inlaw I hope he'd doing ok and I wonder if his connection to Westlake could help out at all.

I agree this kids got the size arm strength, he seems to be patient and have good pocket presence and can role out and still throw accurately down field. I don't want to step on Viza toes either but I do hope TD is in touch with this kid. Is there any update on TD's father inlaw I hope he'd doing ok and I wonder if his connection to Westlake could help out at all.

If his Father-in-Laws connection doesn't help maybe the beating TD laid on Foles in the state championship would.

The Sun Devils and new coach Dennis Erickson took quarterback Samson Szakacsy (Camarillo, Calif.) away from USC. Arizona State has also received commitments from coveted prospects like offensive guard Po'u Palelei (Las Vegas, Nev.), quarterback Chasen Stangel (San Jancito, Calif.) and defensive end James Brooks (Flagstaff, Az.).

Could this be why he decommitted. Competion for playing time.

Like the saying I made famous, "If you can't beat them, join them".

:whistling1:

I knew it all the time that that was your quote, Deep! :lol::blink:

I once made up a new word (which Webster hasn't discovered as of yet): S-H-A-N-A-N-A-G-A-N-N-E-R-Y (a noun derived from the word shenanigans). Do they give you money for these types of things? :rolleyes:

Seriously, would a QB like Foles fit in TD's offense? Why not? He looked pretty darn good during that televised championship game.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Foles is an outstanding quarterback, and a courageous young man. He speaks of playing in the state championship game by saying that at one point he threw a ball and his whole right side went numb from neck down, due to the fact he played that game with a torn labrum. He will definitely get picked up by someone. I doubt Texas, because of Colt, Sherrod Harris, and they are signing Gatorade National High School POY in John Brantley. Could definitely see him at somewhere like Baylor, TCU, etc. Has a plus arm, and a smooth delivery, and moves rather well for a big kid. Doubt he would fit the "spread" though as he seems to be more of a guy who excels at straight dropback and play action stuff.

I would love to see him in Denton, however, I doubt he feels it is a good fit, with the amount of QB's returning, Vizza coming in, and the lingering possibility of Riley singing next year.

He may as well call him. The guy's dad said today that he son would be signing with anyone tomorrow and that they just sent film to Michigan State on Monday. The only other schools mentioned in the article were Baylor and Louisiana Tech. Surely if Baylor and Louisiana Tech are getting serious consideration from this kid, we could get some.

Also, his dad said he'd only be at 90% this fall due to the shoulder surgery last month. He mentioned grayshirting somewhere (going to school for a semester somewhere, but not joining the team or having a scholarship yet) and beginning his eligibility in 2008. So, there's really no reason we shouldn't at least call. If he sign with Baylor or La. Tech...sad.

He may as well call him. The guy's dad said today that he son would be signing with anyone tomorrow and that they just sent film to Michigan State on Monday. The only other schools mentioned in the article were Baylor and Louisiana Tech. Surely if Baylor and Louisiana Tech are getting serious consideration from this kid, we could get some.

Also, his dad said he'd only be at 90% this fall due to the shoulder surgery last month. He mentioned grayshirting somewhere (going to school for a semester somewhere, but not joining the team or having a scholarship yet) and beginning his eligibility in 2008. So, there's really no reason we shouldn't at least call. If he sign with Baylor or La. Tech...sad.

Bet he signs with Louisiana Tech. Foles fits their profile for QB's.