North Texas 76 Fau 59

CMJ

Watson got hot, and we were able to dissect their zone(which gave us fits in the first half). Watson ended up with 20, he nearly shredded the D on his own, softening them up and allowing us to control the boards. I'm not sure what the stats were, but we got alot of 2nd chance baskets in the 2nd half.

Edited by CMJ

Watson got hot, and we were able to dissect their zone(which gave us fits in the first half). Watson ended up with 20, he nearly shredded the D on his own, softening them up and allowing us to control the boards. I'm not sure what the stats were, but we got alot of 2nd chance baskets in the 2nd half.

It gave us fits in the first half because all we did was stand around and jack up 3's

Just got home from the game. Great win! Both teams played tight defense in the first half, and we did have some trouble making our shots too. The first half was also very physical and the refs were letting them play. We could hear slaps to the hands and arms up in the stands with no fouls called. The second half the refs really tightened up the calls though. We got hot in the second half, and played unselfish team basketball. We seemed to have a more aggressive and relentless, yet controlled, instinct/drive to score points similar to the Charlotte and Western Kentucky games. I like that style of Mean Green B-ball best!

Edited by chrisfisher

Yahoo has the right box score. They said attendance was 3,264 - does that seem accurate?

Maybe... that was the best attendance by far that we have had this season. Student turnout was alot better too...you could tell the AD department wanted to up the ante on the game time atmosphere tonight probably due to the football prospects being out... they had our best dancers dancing, an enthusiastic Scrappy, lots of hands outs, t-shirt giveaways, etc. It really made a real difference.. I hope they keep that up.

JJ coached a good game tonight. He made the right adjustments at halftime. It was obvious from their faces that he brought them out after the break fired up.

Attendance was good, the students were involved, and the basketball band was great as always.

We're very much in the race, poised to move up in the division with an extended home stand. And it's worth noting that we've still got the best overall in the division.

There were posters who wanted JJ's head 48 hours ago, with the most important part of the season still before us. Seems a little premature right now.

However, I was really angry that the kid missed three tries at getting the newspaper into the basket. Two of his throws were air papers.

Kendrick Davis had another rough shooting night with only 36% (4 of 11) on 2 pointers. The difference between the loss at FIU and the win against FAU was that other players (Watson, Sturns, etc.) stepped up to score when KD went cold. I hope KD has a big time game against MTSU this Thursday.

Lord knows we all gripe about everything around here so I thought I'd point out something very positive about our FAU win. For the game, FAU shot 46% on 2's, 50% on 3's, and nearly 60% on free throws. Those type of numbers are very respectable and typically garner wins. Why then the big final score disparity in NT's favor? Although we only averaged in mid 40% for both 2's and 3's, and 73% on free throws overall, our second half output was outstanding: 60% for 2's, 70% on 3's, and 84% on free throws. WOW! Keep mind also we achieved this with a struggling KD. When you put up these kind of stats, there is little your opponent can do, except to try to match or exceed the output. We basically did to FAU what the Arkansas teams did to us. I really hope we keep this up for tonight's game.

Lord knows we all gripe about everything around here so I thought I'd point out something very positive about our FAU win. For the game, FAU shot 46% on 2's, 50% on 3's, and nearly 60% on free throws. Those type of numbers are very respectable and typically garner wins. Why then the big final score disparity in NT's favor? Although we only averaged in mid 40% for both 2's and 3's, and 73% on free throws overall, our second half output was outstanding: 60% for 2's, 70% on 3's, and 84% on free throws. WOW! Keep mind also we achieved this with a struggling KD. When you put up these kind of stats, there is little your opponent can do, except to try to match or exceed the output. We basically did to FAU what the Arkansas teams did to us. I really hope we keep this up for tonight's game.

I'm still concerned about our 3 point line defense. Everyone seems to hit like crazy against us, which makes it that much harder to win games.