Big crowd for FAU?

emmitt01

I know there are a lot of you who say you will now attend the FAU game because of Dickey's firing. I respect that and am glad we will have an increased crowd. I wonder though, what that says to the players. If you're out there on that field and you look up in the stands knowing that the increased attendance is due to your coach's firing do you also think to yourself "why couldn't these people just come to see me play? I bust my ass every Saturday for these folks and that's not enough to get them into the stadium? They need a special occasion."

Not saying that anyone is wrong to stay away when the product is bad and the forecast looks bleak...just that it may send a different message than intended.

I know there are a lot of you who say you will now attend the FAU game because of Dickey's firing.  I respect that and am glad we will have an increased crowd.  I wonder though, what that says to the players.  If you're out there on that field and you look up in the stands knowing that the increased attendance is due to your coach's firing do you also think to yourself "why couldn't these people just come to see me play?  I bust my ass every Saturday for these folks and that's not enough to get them into the stadium?  They need a special occasion." 

Not saying that anyone is wrong to stay away when the product is bad and the forecast looks bleak...just that it may send a different message than intended.

So let me get this straight - you are encouraging people who haven't attended because of DD to not attend now just because DD was fired? I don't give a rats ass if they are there because they love the new logos, are homeless or enjoy kettle korn. Just show up. We need all the fans we can get and I would guess if I'm a player I want people in the stands period. I was going to say something else RE the players but I'll bite my tongue (fingers) on that one.

I would hope that people would show up to show their appreciation for the 4 Conference Titles, 4 Bowl appearances, 1 Bowl victory as well as an increased national exposure for OUR MEAN GREEN. In addition to being there for the outgoing seniors who have busted their tails. Not to mention the fact that if we want to be big time then we should act big time by attending the games because it is OUR UNIVERSITY.

FLAME ON !!!

GO MEAN GREEN !!! biggrin.gif

At this point in the season and the way it has gone so far I can tell you for a fact that a bigger crowd regardless of the reason for being there will be appreciated. The players are young adults and totally understand that college football is a business and somebody has to be held accountable for the product on the field.

The bigger the crowd the better!

So let me get this straight - you are encouraging people who haven't attended because of DD to not attend now just because DD was fired?  I don't give a rats ass if they are there because they love the new logos, are homeless or enjoy kettle korn.  Just show up.  We need all the fans we can get and I would guess if I'm a player I want people in the stands period.  I was going to say something else RE the players but I'll bite my tongue (fingers) on that one.

Actually I in no way said I discouraged people from coming out for WHATEVER reason. I just wondered if there might be an undertone if you will to some of the players.