the best scenario to turn this thing around

pollock

The best scenario to turn this thing around is for Dickey to stay, dump RF and Etheridge (at least) and totally change the offense.

We saw that it's possible on Saturday. Yeah, he put the first team back in and they sucked again, but maybe he learned from it.

I vote Andy Brewster for new OC. I know that was only about one quarter of a game, but it was a paradigm shift. We need to keep running that offense and see what happens.

I know everybody is mad at Dickey, and so am I. I have done damage to my lungs yelling at him, that I can only hope will heal. But it will cost nearly half a million to fire him and there is NO GUARANTEE that the next coach would win a single game. Sure there are a couple stories (like Kragthorpe and Mike Price) of a new coach turning a team around in one year. There are a hundred other stories of coaches coming in and winning 3-4 games a year for 5 years, while "their" recruits develop, only to get fired and stall the program out for another half a decade.

I'll temper my comments for now..... We have to keep in mind that La Tech was prepared for the same ol' I-back, draw play bullshyte we've been running all year, and a good part of the effectiveness of the "green team" was probably due to the shock factor. Not to mention La Tech sucks, and many teams could have easily made the right adjustments.

So if it were up to me, Dickey would have three games left to audition for his own job. I want to see more of that alternative offense and what it can do. If it proves to be a fluke, or if he goes back into his shell, he's gone. And in the mean time, I'd be calling coaches to gauge interest and be ready to make a move on November 27.

I'll temper my comments for now..... We have to keep in mind that La Tech was prepared for the same ol' I-back, draw play bullshyte we've been running all year, and a good part of the effectiveness of the "green team" was probably due to the shock factor.  Not to mention La Tech sucks, and many teams could have easily made the right adjustments. 

It is the job of the OC to come up with enough wrinkles and schemes to keep the defense off balance and shocked. It worked because it was out of character. Then we gave up on it. sad.gif

The best scenario to turn this thing around is for Dickey to stay, dump RF and Etheridge (at least) and totally change the offense.

We saw that it's possible on Saturday.  Yeah, he put the first team back in and they sucked again, but maybe he learned from it.

I vote Andy Brewster for new OC.  I know that was only about one quarter of a game, but it was a paradigm shift.  We need to keep running that offense and see what happens.

I know everybody is mad at Dickey, and so am I.  I have done damage to my lungs yelling at him, that I can only hope will heal.  But it will cost nearly half a million to fire him and there is NO GUARANTEE that the next coach would win a single game.  Sure there are a couple stories (like Kragthorpe and Mike Price) of a new coach turning a team around in one year.  There are a hundred other stories of coaches coming in and winning 3-4 games a year for 5 years, while "their" recruits develop, only to get fired and stall the program out for another half a decade.

I'll temper my comments for now..... We have to keep in mind that La Tech was prepared for the same ol' I-back, draw play bullshyte we've been running all year, and a good part of the effectiveness of the "green team" was probably due to the shock factor.  Not to mention La Tech sucks, and many teams could have easily made the right adjustments. 

So if it were up to me, Dickey would have three games left to audition for his own job.  I want to see more of that alternative offense and what it can do.  If it proves to be a fluke, or if he goes back into his shell, he's gone.  And in the mean time, I'd be calling coaches to gauge interest and be ready to make a move on November 27.

Darrell and Ramon are pretty good friends, so it will be really tough for him to fire him. Frankly, the only one I see that might not be here next year, would be Etheridge.