Who will be the 1st

El Paso Eagle

I don't know if you noticed but one of the interceptions was thrown by Phillips the only series he was on the field with the first team. It was the tipped ball INT. Maybe not his fault, but still an INT. I think Phillips is a great leader for the 2nd team. The first team just goes through the motions because they have job security. I hope 2nd string starts next week.

Phillips doesn't run around, so he's not a sexy QB choice around these parts.

Hell behind the 2nd team O-Line he didn't need to run around. He was allowed to be the QB he could be. One hell of a pocket passer. Give a QB like him an O-Line that can block and you will see some serious numbers.

Phillips=Bledsoe Meager/Wilson=Romo

By that I mean, when you have a crappy O-Line you need a QB that can scramble to make something happen. When you have an O-Line a QB like Bledsoe and Phillips can pick a defense apart and win you football games. Put Peyton Manning behind the Dallas O-Line for the last 2 years and he would have done little more than Bledsoe. People quickly forgot the numbers Bledsoe put up when he first got here behind a good Dallas O-Line before injuries and the offseason took it apart. Its all about personel. If you O-Line can pass block put in a pocket passer. If it can't then put in a scrambler.

On the interception thrown by Phillips. Had he been behind the 2nd team O-Line it never would have happened.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

I don't know if you noticed but one of the interceptions was thrown by Phillips the only series he was on the field with the first team. It was the tipped ball INT. Maybe not his fault, but still an INT. I think Phillips is a great leader for the 2nd team. The first team just goes through the motions because they have job security. I hope 2nd string starts next week.

See this game is a classic example of why we need to clean house. We are in the ninth game of the season and the stinking second string O is playing better than the first string. IF they practiced this ALL week, that tells me they had a pretty good idea this would happen. If that's the case, why the heck didn't they just start these guys? Why did it take us falling down by 21 in the FIRST quarter to make the change, a change mind you that they figured might be needed so much that they practiced it all week? AND why the heck did he take them out to put back in the team that they replaced? This coaching is a joke....pure and simple.