Ark State has passed you by.....

SouthernMissFan

Bottom line is that the fb program at NT is simply not living up to or even approaching its potential. We are located in a hotbed of fb talent. Let UT, A&M, OU and TTech have their share. There's plenty for everyone. Our facilities (aside from Fouts) are outstanding. We should have better athletes and they should be put in better situations so that they can be successful. There's only one direction that you can point the finger and that's the coaching staff!

Meager burns up timeouts trying to figure out what play is called.  He used two in the 1st quarter Saturday.  He fumbles snaps.  Please don't tell me you only think he looked bad on only one throw.

I've got nothing against Meager, Phillips or Wilson.  I think their lack of development and confusion is the result of poor coaching.  I've watched too many young QB's come into and master a system in their first year, especially systems that are much more complex than DD's run three times and punt system.

He burned two timeouts in our first possession....

loss of 1 on the play following the first TO and a false start penalty for -5 yards following the second TO.

He also tends to run in the wrong direction when pressured.

V 1-10 V17 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 09:14 (1st).

V 1-10 V17 Thomas, Jamario rush for 18 yards to the NT35, 1ST DOWN NT (Johnson,

Tyrell).

V 1-10 V35 Thomas, Jamario rush for no gain to the NT35 (Williams, Josh;Burns,

Khayyam).

V 2-10 V35 Robertson, Evan rush for 13 yards to the NT48, 1ST DOWN NT (McKinnon,

Koby;Burns, Khayyam).

V 1-10 V48 Robertson, Evan rush for 9 yards to the ASU43 (Burns, Khayyam).

V 2-1 H43 Timeout North Texas, clock 06:56.

V 2-1 H43 Thomas, Jamario rush for loss of 1 yard to the ASU44 (James,

Jamarrow;Carrington, A.).

V 3-2 H44 Thomas, Jamario rush for 6 yards to the ASU38, 1ST DOWN NT (Wade,

Devrett;Hickman, Prince).

V 1-10 H38 Thomas, Jamario rush for loss of 1 yard to the ASU39.

V 2-11 H39 Meager, Daniel rush for 24 yards to the ASU15, 1ST DOWN NT (Najm,

Jonathan;Toney, Darren).

V 1-10 H15 Meager, Daniel sacked for loss of 11 yards to the ASU26 (James, Jamarrow).

V 2-21 H26 Thomas, Jamario rush for 12 yards to the ASU14 (Najm, Jonathan).

V 3-9 H14 Timeout North Texas, clock 03:06.

V 3-9 H14 PENALTY NT false start 5 yards to the ASU19.

V 3-14 H19 Thomas, Jamario rush for loss of 6 yards to the ASU25 (Wade, Devrett).

V 4-20 H25 Hopovac, Denis field goal attempt from 42 GOOD, clock 02:15.

Keith

I just read this thread (man, this board is having some awful IT problems lately) and those were exactly my thoughts.

I would say that USM has really dropped off since their NO Bowl appearances too, but with the current 4-3 record...I'd say you guys are right on target for another stellar 6-5 season.  You should be proud!

Just calling it like I saw it. I remember UNT fans being awfully cocky before our bowl game. Actually ASU gave us a much better game.

USM is only three years removed from a CUSA title. I look to be in the championship game this year.

USM has 12, soom to be 13 straight winning seasons and has been to bowl games 8 out of the last 9 years. Sure we have had a drop off lately, but unlike UNT, in our bad years we still have winning seasons and go to bowl games. When UNT falls off, you fall off the end of the world.

ASU is an up and coming program. I am impressed with their program under Roberts. He coached circles around your coach Saturday night. Meanwhile UNT is in freefall. Sorry you don't like facing the facts. But that is the cold, hard truth.

Edited by SouthernMissFan

Southern - facts are one thing - stewing on a board of blown up Mean Green fans is another thing. Get over it. We suck and we know we suck - the change is coming.

As for Meager being good, please! I am with the poster that has major concerns about the DEVELOPMENT of our entire team, coaching staff, fanbase...The fanbase is probably doing the best in a muck of a situation (thanks RV), but the players are not Mean Green players. This team is not good and we all know that, but I sure do see other programs bring in new coaches, new systems, new players and make something happen. Please do not be disillusioned by being in the SBC anymore. If programs in the middle of rural America can grab talent, sell hope and develop players, then a program in the middle of Freaking North TEXAS sure as heck can get a few gems and grow them. We aren't even competing anymore!

I tell you it is like hell watching the nations top offense move chains with practically every down in Hawaii and then sit back and watch us struggle to toss a 3 yard pass. Disgusting.

Please change this coaching staff soon!

You can tell I just watched the Cowboy game - damn, I feel like I have been watching years upon years of dreadful football - is it Mavs season yet!

GMG

Seriously, go back to Hattiesburg. I'll be sure and come on over to your board and stir things up if you lose to ECU this weekend.

Oh, and we are only 2 years removed from our streak of 4 conference titles. My opinion of Southern Miss fans just dropped.

(How would ASU have done against Michael Boley who accounted for a huge portion of USM's defense that night?)

Just calling it like I saw it. I remember UNT fans being awfully cocky before our bowl game. Actually ASU gave us a much better game.

USM is only three years removed from a CUSA title. I look to be in the championship game this year.

USM has 12, soom to be 13 straight winning seasons and has been to bowl games 8 out of the last 9 years. Sure we have had a drop off lately, but unlike UNT, in our bad years we still have winning seasons and go to bowl games. When UNT falls off, you fall off the end of the world.

ASU is an up and coming program. I am impressed with their program under Roberts. He coached circles around your coach Saturday night.  Meanwhile UNT is in freefall. Sorry you don't like facing the facts. But that is the cold, hard truth.

Once again, I'll call you Captain Obvious. You are not stating anything that isn't in 1000 other posts that are already on this board, POSTED BY UNT FANS. We are all fully aware of our records the last year and a half and many of us are ready to ride our coaches out of town on a rail.

So don't try to come off as some wise old sage that is opening our silly naive eyes to the world. You got what you wanted.... a response to your arrogance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Adios, Mofo.

I met some great Southern Miss people in N.O. two years ago and I know personally some even greater ones. But the USM person currently posting here to simply dig at a down program is making an ass of himself and is embarrassing the others and their school. Must have thought two years ago that NT was a true threat to still be posting after all this time. Sad.

Rick

Just calling it like I saw it. I remember UNT fans being awfully cocky before our bowl game. Actually ASU gave us a much better game...Sure we have had a drop off lately, but unlike UNT, in our bad years we still have winning seasons and go to bowl games. When UNT falls off, you fall off the end of the world.

ASU is an up and coming program. I am impressed with their program under Roberts. He coached circles around your coach Saturday night.  Meanwhile UNT is in freefall. Sorry you don't like facing the facts. But that is the cold, hard truth.

Get your shots in while you can, Roscoe.

I would say that USM has really dropped off since their NO Bowl appearances too, but with the current 4-3 record...I'd say you guys are right on target for another stellar 6-5 season.  You should be proud!

The guy thought a matchup between two Sun Belt teams was "intriguing" enough to attend the game, even though he's not a supporter of either program. I'm glad to hear his take, because it's an unusual perspective.

Guest JohnDenver

The guy thought a matchup between two Sun Belt teams was "intriguing" enough to attend the game, even though he's not a supporter of either program. I'm glad to hear his take, because it's an unusual perspective.

He was in NE Arkansas for the weekend... I am sure he would have found a Junebug boxing match in the sandbox outside his trailer equally as intriguing.