Tulsa in BCS ?

NT03

I know this is A REAL STRETCH , but I thought it would be cool if it were to actually happen. Incase you havent noticed Tulsa sits at #25 in the first BCS poll. With their remaining schedule ( road games vs. Memphis,Houston,&SMU..all of whom have lost to a SBC team wink.gif ..and home games vs. UTEP,Rice & Tulane.. I can see them sitting at 11-1 at the end of the season. I can easily see that the teams ranked 10 - 24 , with the exception of Boise St. , will all have atleast 1 more loss this season , some could have 2-3 more. So who knows , I feel they have a real shot of finishing in the top 12 of the BCS poll before the Bowl Games begin. I know SOC will hurt , but HELL once we get offically kicked out of the New Orleans Bowl race.... I think im going to start rootin for the Golden Hurricanes!!

Edited by NT03

Who beat Tulsa this year?

No, I don't think they can get into the BCS as they are too far out.  I will be surprised if Boise State makes it into the BCS.  Weren't we in a conference with Boise State just 7 years ago.....my how things have changed.

BYU beat Tulsa 49-24 in week 2 , I know its a 1 in a million chance the G-Canes get into the BCS , but as Jim Carrey said in Dumb & Dumber.... " so your tellin me their's a chance!!! "

Who beat Tulsa this year?

No, I don't think they can get into the BCS as they are too far out.  I will be surprised if Boise State makes it into the BCS.  Weren't we in a conference with Boise State just 7 years ago.....my how things have changed.

We were in a conference with Louisville, Memphis, Tulsa, and Cincinnatti 30-40 years ago**...... plus Florida State was not considered all that great then and we played them rather often and in Denton.

**This MVC was also considered the best Basketball conference in America but UCLA was considered the best team under Wooten. The ACC, SEC, SWC, etc was still segregated most of that time and not really all that good either although they would like to think so. (Kentucky was an exception, but refused to schedule Louisville) There was a time during my senior year that 5 of the top-10 were MVC members, we weren't but that was our conference.. Wooten was good but he was in a situation that will never occur again.... he recruited the South and some other places for the best players because the locals would not sign them.

Tulsa lost to BYU..... the same team that stopped TCU's win streak.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Incase you havent noticed Tulsa sits at #25 in the first BCS poll.

Coach Kragthorpe interview on Tulsa sports talk radio:

Announcer: Coach, how do you feel about being named to the top 25?

Kragthorpe: Great for our fans, but the only thing it does for me - it get's me to spend 75 cents to buy the magazine with our name on that list.

Announcer: Coach, have you voted for your team this year?

Kragthorpe: Nope. We're not a top 25 team yet.

Class!!!

Coach Kragthorpe interview on Tulsa sports talk radio:

Announcer:  Coach, how do you feel about being named to the top 25?

Kragthorpe:  Great for our fans, but the only thing it does for me - it get's me to spend 75 cents to buy the magazine with our name on that list.

Announcer:  Coach, have you voted for your team this year?

Kragthorpe:  Nope.  We're not a top 25 team yet.

Class!!!

Not addressing Gramma here, just using the quote for point of reference.

If Dickey said this on a radio interview, we'd be all over him about the constant negativity and poor public relations. "We're not a top 25 team yet" from the mouth of Dickey would be seen as the 'woe is me' attitude and an example of him badmouthing the school's situation.

Not addressing Gramma here, just using the quote for point of reference.

If Dickey said this on a radio interview, we'd be all over him about the constant negativity and poor public relations. "We're not a top 25 team yet" from the mouth of Dickey would be seen as the 'woe is me' attitude and an example of him badmouthing the school's situation.

Kragthorpe, in his reply, didn't badmouth his situation at Tulsa, the facilities at Tulsa or exhibit a woe is me attitude. What he did state is that he doesn't consider his team a Top 25 team yet. Please show me where what he said compares in any way with what DD has said in the past.