When is Vito Going to Ask a Real Question

UNTLifer

1. DD, why do you keep running it up the middle when it is obvious to everyone in the house that that is your gameplan?

2. In reference to #1, why continue to do this with a delay handoff when your offensive line isn't opening holes and doesn't appear to be able to sustain a block.

3. Why does it appear that you could care less about winning OOC games?

4. What do you mean by the comment, "We have more to overcome than anyone in America, I should know because I work here every day."

5. Why only throw the ball 7 or 8 times a game when the defense is putting 8 or 9 in the box?

Feel free to add questions that you would like to see answered in the newspaper.

6. Why do you run a complicated offense if it's too complicated for the guys to understand?

7. (Related to #6) How is "run up the middle" complicated?

8. Do you and RF ever discuss adjustments during halftime of a football game, or do you script the entire offense before the game and run it as planned?

6. Why do you run a complicated offense if it's too complicated for the guys to understand?

7. (Related to #6) How is "run up the middle" complicated?

8. Do you and RF ever discuss adjustments during halftime of a football game, or do you script the entire offense before the game and run it as planned?

10. Darrell, do you ever feel like you'd like to whip a few of our asses?

10.  Darrell, do you ever feel like you'd like to whip a few of our asses?

biggrin.gif I'm sure he would. But you don't get into college coaching (or really high school for that matter) without knowing you'll have a bunch of armchair quarterbacks second guessing your every move.

Guest JohnDenver

12.  Ramon, do you feel like you still have enough arm and hand strength from your playing days to break the necks of your critics if you desired?

He would say that the NCAA already gave him 8 years of eligibility at SMU, and he thinks can squeeze out two more years. Expect him to suit up against MTSU.

Next.

1.  DD, why do you keep running it up the middle when it is obvious to everyone in the house that that is your gameplan?

2.  In reference to #1, why continue to do this with a delay handoff when your offensive line isn't opening holes and doesn't appear to be able to sustain a block.

3.  Why does it appear that you could care less about winning OOC games?

4.  What do you mean by the comment, "We have more to overcome than anyone in America, I should know because I work here every day."

5.  Why only throw the ball 7 or 8 times a game when the defense is putting 8 or 9 in the box?

Feel free to add questions that you would like to see answered in the newspaper.

If you actually think that the DRC beat writer is going to generate friction with questions like "why does it appear that you could care less about winning OOC games" I have some wonderful ocean front properly in Arizona for sale.

13.  At the next home game, when we have amassed a total of 42.5 yards of total offense at halftime, will you be on the lookout for Silver Eagle when you're leaving the pressbox and hearing "you're being outcoached, Ramon"?

I have no earthly idea why you think that I would comment on such a situation. I'd either be speechless, or laughing too hard. rolleyes.gif

I'd also be too busy looking for something with which to "enhance" my soda. cool.gif

I know this post/thread seems to be sarcastic, but I am serious. Vito never asks the tough question and just accepts DD's quotes at face value. Maybe that is why Tim McMahon is relegated to high school duty now.

I sure hope RV is asking some of these questions. The appearance of a lack of accountability is concerning.

I know this post/thread seems to be sarcastic, but I am serious.  Vito never asks the tough question and just accepts DD's quotes at face value.  Maybe that is why Tim McMahon is relegated to high school duty now.

I sure hope RV is asking some of these questions.  The appearance of a lack of accountability is concerning.

Well, I've gotten strong indications from people that know, that if tough questions are presented to DD and his staff, they will shut you out. So you have to be careful.

Of course, that's probably true of most coaches.

I sure hope RV is asking some of these questions.  The appearance of a lack of accountability is concerning.

Maybe the lack of accountability has something to do with RV seemingly either not having the authority to fire coaches or the ability to see when there needs to be a change and move on. When there has been no major coaching change in recent memory despite poor results in all sports except soccer, yet coaches get extensions midseason for no apparent reason, why would the coaches try to go out, produce, and set a higher standard for themselves? Why not just do the bare minimum to get by and have a great salary with great job security? Sadly, I think this may be what we are seeing.

How about sending a letter to Dickey with the questions we want answered and with the (real) names of those who want their names attached to it?

Would be hard to ignore if it was sent to C®apper, RV, DD, RF, etc.

Cool, I just accidentally learned how to make the registered trademark symbol.

Edited by JayDub

How about sending a letter to Dickey with the questions we want answered and with the (real) names of those who want their names attached to it?

Would be hard to ignore if it was sent to C®apper, RV, DD, RF, etc.

Cool, I just accidentally learned how to make the registered trademark symbol.

Running the football is a ™ of dickey ball.

12.  Ramon, how do you determine the best play for the defensive situation?  Is this decided by a quick Rock/Paper/Scissors game w/DD, or some other method?

That's hilarious - I almost stopped laughing until I read:

13.  At the next home game, when we have amassed a total of 42.5 yards of total offense at halftime, will you be on the lookout for Silver Eagle when you're leaving the pressbox and hearing "you're being outcoached, Ramon"?

Gosh that is funny. sooooooooo funny.

I know this post/thread seems to be sarcastic, but I am serious.  Vito never asks the tough question and just accepts DD's quotes at face value.  Maybe that is why Tim McMahon is relegated to high school duty now.

Actually these types of questions are asked at the larger schools where more is expected than 86 yards of total yardage.  I sent an article from an Arkansas beat writer last year questioning Houston Nutt and his offense, to Vito, and he responded back by telling me that he couldn't do that because he was not a "columnist" and he made a living by being able to have a relationship with Darrell "keep 8 men in the box" Dickey, whatever that means.

Nope, he is definately not concerned based on the statement that he made about Darrell "Keep 8 men in the box" Dickey being the best coach in america.