something new to watch for today

ADLER

Since it's far too late for anyone to make any adjustments.

Last year Tulsa was able to dominate North Texas because they kept gaining posession with a short field to score.

Woody was a third team all-state punter in Arkansas, and they've been working on the quick kick out of running formations for third and long situations all week. Although he doesn't get the hang-time that Spencer does, he kicks it at an angle so it rolls a long way.

One of the assistant coaches told me that this was something that Utah State has used very effectively in the past several seasons.

He said there were two times in the first half of the SMU game that they would have used the play to pin the Mustangs deep. He said it's one of the distinct atvantages that North Texas gets from having had so many starters play special teams.

I only attended Thursday's practice, but from what I saw the fake was very convincing and the play has no reason that it shouldn't be successful.

Make 'em go the length of the field Woody!

Go Mean Green!

I question the advisability of posting anything relative to game plans prior to a game. Kickoff is 6pm, if I am not mistaken. Even if game plans are in place, it still is a tipoff to anyone from Tulsa who might read this.

I question the advisability of posting anything relative to game plans prior to a game.  Kickoff is 6pm, if I am not mistaken.  Even if game plans are in place, it still is a tipoff to anyone from Tulsa who might read this.

It's only a couple of hours til kickoff. There is really no chance in Hades that anyone from their coaching staff is perusing gomeangreen.com at this time. Even if, which is incredibly unlikely, it would be impossible for them to make any adjustments.

With the front coming through today, there are steady winds with 35 mph gusts predicted. The low line drive to any empty field will eliminate any return going into the wind, and should roll forever going with the wind.

Even if they did read this here, there aren't any adjustments to make for a quick kick. The purpose is to not let the other teams special team players on the field to set up a return, or to pin the other team deep.

there is no special adjustment to make. It is just something that you make yourself aware of.