Here's my telling stat

emmitt01

Here is another "universal" stat/adage to keep in mind.

It's always been accepted amongst coaches and sports writers that the greatest progress/adjustments that a team makes is between games one and two.

So, in theory, North Texas and SMU are going to show up Saturday looking the most improved that they can this season.

Should be interesting.

We lost to the defending national champions by 49.

SMU lost to Texas Tech by 42. 

Tech won't stay within 2 touchdowns of Texas, bank on it.  So we lost to a superior team by a whole touchdown more.

Actually, it was a 32 point deficit, but theres not much of a difference.

GMG

Edited by Green Crazy

Another thing to remember about the Tech-SMU game was the bottom line. SMU didnt get out-coached, they got out-played. You can game plan all you want, but missed assignments and dropped balls kill. If the SMU players had made just a few less mistakes, that game may have been much closer at the end. SMU will show up here with a team that makes some mistakes on the field, but they will be well prepared by their coaching staff. If we dont get "out-coached" (You guys know I would take Darrell Dickey over Phil Bennett any day) then we should be fine. I still have issues with the multiple QB thing we are doing, but I trust coach Dickey... so Saturday will tell one way or another. I didnt like Woody being pulled after an 80 yard scoring drive in Austin, but he may have been hurt and that would explain DD's decision. I hope that is the reason. If Woody was healthy, and was pulled so Phillips could go back in just to get reps, then we got out coached...

I'm out.

GMG!!!

Here is another "universal" stat/adage to keep in mind.

It's always been accepted amongst coaches and sports writers that the greatest progress/adjustments that a team makes is between games one and two.

So, in theory, North Texas and SMU are going to show up Saturday looking the most improved that they can this season.

Should be interesting.

True. But isn't DD going to stick to 4-5 basic plays that the offense can execute? blink.gif Against tu, the playbook in use was much too complicated. wink.gif