I hate this

bigrobdsp

"After the opening weekend, the Mean Green are ranked last in total offense and last in scoring defense."

And now in the Bottom 10.   What has happened to our program?    mad.gif

So Jeff, which of the last 3 decades do you want me to start listing my "humble .02" worth of answers to your question? smile.gif Don't worry, I will spare all because anyone think any of that group up there (led by SMU alum/UNT Chancellor Lee Jackson) want to hear any of it? They don't have any idea how much validity they are losing with many (and I do mean many) NT Exes/Mean Green fans many of whom aren't even registered with GMG.com to post their own dire concerns.

Save a Big Donor who comes riding in on his white horse, a real NCAA D1-A stadium being built at our main campus (and a stadium whose blueprints keep changing by the month as its capacity keeps getting smaller if anyone else hasn't noticed that in recent discussions of our projected new stadium by NT leaders) and a real NCAA D1-A coach to coach a team in that new stadium; anyway, the group I am posting about (which will grown significantly if we lose against.............. S M U which I BTW don't think is going to happen this Saturday PM), but present UNT leaders are going to have some real problems getting many of the aforementioned group to think they are really serious about leading UNT's future back to the upper echelon of NCAA D1-A (as compared to the present)

YET.................you know, after the results of the 1975 MG football campaign when I was an NT student with that season being topped off with our Mean Green win over the University of Tennessee Volunteers, I just knew at that time that I was attending a Texas university that had so much damn potential that would be in a major conference by no later than, lets say, uh.................2005, ie, 30 years later? sad.gif

And FWIW, would a 56-0 whooping of SMU by UNT really change the direction of any of this? How about, uh, "NOT"...........but it would be a little more fodder and info for a handful of UNT athletic officials to freshen up those resume's with. Of couse I'm sure none would state this small fact concering such an SMU win.............."in all fairness, though, this was an SMU that had had only 1 winning season in the last 2 decades. rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest JohnDenver

Honest question -- since I have never follow SMU football. When is the last time SMU has had a winning season? What is the last bowl game SMU played?

You ponder: "don't suck as bad?"

I seem to remember SMU being a weekly attendee to the bottom 10.

The reason we are in the bottom 10 is a continuation of last year... this is how many losses in a row? Come on you could have almost predicted being there after being on the waiting list and going up against UT. Only thing that could have saved us was a win. Oh, well SMU will look nice in that spot next week and GO PONIES will be thinking that of his team.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz