The rest are all winnable.

Talon90

Since we returned to Division I, we have not had a schedule that has had this many winnable games. UT (only body bag game) is behind us.

I am not saying that we will go undefeated from here on out but there is reason to be excited about the season.

That AD did a great job with this scheduling and should be commended on a job well done. We get the SMU game we have screamed about for years and 3 road games that are easy to travel to (Tulsa, Lafayette, and Monroe). Akron and Tulsa will be tough road games but are still winnable. We also start conference play with two games at home. If you think about it, could we have asked for a better schedule?

The SMU game is huge. A win over the Ponies could really get the ball rolling for this team.

Sat, Sep 09 SMU Denton, Texas 6 p.m.

Sat, Sep 16 Tulsa at Tulsa, Oklahoma 6 p.m.

Sat, Sep 23 Akron at Akron, Ohio 5 p.m.

Sat, Sep 30 Middle Tennessee Denton, Texas 6 p.m.

Sat, Oct 07 Florida International Denton, Texas 6 p.m.

Sat, Oct 21 Arkansas State at Jonesboro, Arkansas 6 p.m.

Sat, Oct 28 Troy at Troy, Alabama 6 p.m.

Sat, Nov 04 Louisiana Tech Denton, Texas 6 p.m.

Sat, Nov 11 Louisiana-Lafayette at Lafayette, Louisiana 4 p.m.

Sat, Nov 18 Florida Atlantic Denton, Texas 6 p.m.

Sat, Nov 25 Louisiana-Monroe at Monroe, Louisiana 6 p.m.

GMG!

POUND THE PONIES!

Just trying to understand your reply Chris.

Are you meaning excuses as in going into a game against a team like Texas with no shot of winning?

Your statement is an excuse in itself. Ask the USA basketball team if Greece had a shot. I realize the odds were stacked BIG TIME against us, but I still believe DD didn't play 100% to win (approached the game more as an extended scrimmage; numerous persons have already posted on this topic, including myself). Maybe I am wrong here. I posted yesterday on the topic on how we should never teach our players to accept losing no matter what the odds. Upsets happen because a team refuses to buy into the concept of a loss. DD got up on national TV and said we had zero chance. I can help but wonder if that was communicated to the players subtly or, even worse, directly in practice and before the game.

Since we returned to Division I, we have not had a schedule that has had this many winnable games.  UT (only body bag game) is behind us.

I am not saying that we will go undefeated from here on out but there is reason to be excited about the season.

I agree that there is reason for excitement, but the Tulsa game will be a very big challenge. The Akron game will be difficult, as well.