Homecoming

UNTSIG

Let's let all the OU fans heading back up I-35 in for free. Big banner - "OU FANS - EXIT HERE - MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL FREE WITH YOUR OU/TEXAS TICKET STUB".

I happen to be in the camp who doesn't think having our game the same day will have much of an impact on attendance.

Let's let all the OU fans heading back up I-35 in for free.  Big banner - "OU FANS - EXIT HERE - MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL FREE WITH YOUR OU/TEXAS TICKET STUB".

I happen to be in the camp who doesn't think having our game the same day will have much of an impact on attendance.

I join you in that camp. but Im not very smart, so that doesnt do much to support your opinion.

I'm just a lowly public servant, not a rocket surgeon, so I'm just making the best educated guess here that I can. I'm pretty sure there are enough people who will watch the RRS game on TV and then head out to Denton. Or attend the RRS and then head to Denton. Or, maybe even come back to Denton specifically because it's UNT homecoming and wouldn't miss the game because of all of the networking/reconnecting that it entails.

Now, if I were either a...

A)Rocket Scientist

or

B)Brain Surgeon

my guess might change. tongue.gif

no one seems to be getting what I am saying.

Rob, I get what your saying, but I disagree that it will affect our attendance. As a student I went to commerce street the Friday before the RedRiver Shootout, but rarely went to the game itself primarily b/c I couldn't afford it. Students today surely can't afford it. Plus, most of the people who attend the TX/OU game aren't coming to Fouts in the first place. If the games were played at the same time we would definitely experience an attendance sag b/c average football fans would stay home to watch TX/OU on tv and not come to Fouts.

Rather than focus on a negative why not look at a positive? If you're an average football fan in Denton and don't have a ticket to TX/OU you are probably going to watch the game at home, then later want to experience some college ball first hand. Well, we've got that plus it's homecoming, so there is a little extra incentive to go to the game.

Let us not forget the OU faithful. They will not be stopping by Fouts on the way home, but they will surely see that a game is going on, and just may tune into the game on the radio for a bit. After all, we do play them next year. Any exposure is good exposure, right? For that matter many Sooner faithful will be traveling through Denton the night before as the bonfire is going on. I assume it's visible from I-35 (one of my many regrets is that I've never attended bonfire. I know, I'm sorry.); once again, it will peak some OU interest and any exposure is good exposure.

I guess the jist of my argument is this: Dallas will be flooded with football fans. They may not be Mean Green fans, but it's a great opportunity to try and tap into that market. There is nothing we can do to change the schedule now, so lets make the most of what we have.

There is also the argument that if we play Texas a good game, both Texas fans and OU fans will be interested in what is going on in Denton.

OK, It's 12:45 and Dickey is on the radio in just over an hour. I've got to go.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!