Tailgating for the SMU game!

KingDL1

I can already taste the atmosphere, September 9th in the parking lot. Starting at noonish!

I predict clear and hot. Will need cold cold iced down beer! Tons of great food and friends to prepare for what should be an a$$ whipping of some SMU boys.

What should we do to organize a GMG alley of Tailgaters?

I am already working on my menu!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KingDL1

Great idea, we should totally have a alliance of tailgaters in the parking lot, i am really excited about the game and can feel it right around the corner. I will be preparing a large tailgating event, with steaks, burgers, and lots of drink near my truck.

But one thing makes me nervous and takes away from my excitement, i can't can't can't bare seeing the scoreboard at fouts show a Mean Green loss to those filthy pricks of SMU. Makes me sick to even imagine it...........

Other than that can't wait for college football to start....

I will be out there Friday night spending the night. I'll have my dinner on the grill that night, play some playstation, watch a few movies and talk football with anyone that wants to come. Then we'll wake up Saturday and tailgate all day.

If you want to have a row of tents just come park next to us. We'll be on the big lot next to the practice fields adjacent to the ticket office.

I will be out there Friday night spending the night.  I'll have my dinner on the grill that night, play some playstation, watch a few movies and talk football with anyone that wants to come.  Then we'll wake up Saturday and tailgate all day. 

If you want to have a row of tents just come park next to us.  We'll be on the big lot next to the practice fields adjacent to the ticket office.

We are planning to be in the Orange parking lot.

Does anyone do anything in the green lot?

There are several small groups that tailgate regularly in the Green lot. Not as many as Orange, but still a number. I usually cook out with family and some friends in the Green lot before the game, after the kids get tired from the Funzone!

I want to preface this by saying that I understand that you are all upset, but I am out of town during the SMU game. having said that and having recognized all of your heartfelt condolences alow me to suggest that you meet up where half of the GMG crowd meets up at anyway. on the alley in front of the beerman stage. its the only place to be.

Might all of we orange lot people pick out a row or two and just claim it?  I like the spread out tents and all but I think a GMG.com row would be pretty cool.

I think if we line up where we can join the orange parking with general parking for those that don't have orange passes. It gives us the best opportunity to include all the GMG members. I made a pic a while back if you click on it you will see a larger version.

user posted image

I believe it is all inclusive, those that want to be near the bud man, those in the Orange and those that don't have Mean Green Club passes. But like I said just my idea. I believe the other side of the orange to the north also borders general parking.

Edited by KingDL1