TSU Ring

NT91

Turned upside down on the finger, this ring can be used to knock some sense into the knucklehead of a coach there at Texas State for allowing the clock to run down and out on an otherwise National Championship season.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Turned upside down on the finger, this ring can be used to knock some sense into the knucklehead of a coach there at Texas State for allowing the clock to run down and out on an otherwise National Championship season.

That was a gaff even the announcers had trouble explaining.

I was watching Glory Road last night and thought about the whole North Texas versus Texas State debate that I lived through back in the 80's.

I am glad we kept North in our name. It just makes sense to me in the big picture, especially looking back at our rich past. North followed us all along and I am glad we are still North Texas today.

By the way, great movie! Way to go Texas Western/UTEP.

GMG

• 2 weeks later...

UNTLifer,

In 2003, Southwest Texas State University HAD it's name formally changed to Texas State University-San Marcos (they didn't even ask the alumni...but that's a whole different matter altogether).

Boko

Then should your university's ring state TSU-SM? I'm well aware of the name change, but living in Houston, TSU has been the call letters for Texas Southern for years. Sarcasm and humor are just lost on some people, and obviously the intellectually gifted from the Harvard on the Guadalupe/Comal.

Isn't TSU Texas Southern?

UNTLifer,

In 2003, Southwest Texas State University HAD it's name formally changed to Texas State University-San Marcos (they didn't even ask the alumni...but that's a whole different matter altogether).

Boko

You hit upon one of the reasons I never wanted the "Texas State Universisty" name at UNT. There are a lot of them including Tarleton State University. UNT or NT is rather unique and still a short name.

I noticed one thread about TSU got locked... probably should have.. Several including me would like TSU in the SunBelt. ....however your statement about TSU admissions is very wrong (at least from everything I have read) .. The highest Avg SAT scores in Texas are at Rice and UT-Dallas (surprised?) . UT-D is largely a business/engineering school locasted in highly educasted Plano and is not a much else, major-wise. Usually Rice is higher but UT-D is higher sometimes. The last that I read showed UT and A&M next... This can largely be explained by the fact that both are now 50,000 and do not want to increase is size... so they are getting very selective to hiold down enrollment. Part of the UNT and TSU growth can be attributed to this since we are still smaller and get a lot their applicants that aren't admitted there. TxTech is so far away from population centers and is now smaller than UNT and soon TSU as well. I suspect as we approach 40,000 then admission scores at the our universities will tighten up as well.

At SMU if you have a pile money you get in, especially if you agree to donate a small fortune. You can even have a 0.00 GPA as some Delta haus guys did. Tthis explains why they can't remember we are UNT unstead of NTSU. Feel sorry for them (joke).

Then should your university's ring state TSU-SM?  I'm well aware of the name change, but living in Houston, TSU has been the call letters for Texas Southern for years.  Sarcasm and humor are just lost on some people, and obviously the intellectually gifted from the Harvard on the Guadalupe/Comal.

Yes, the ring should probably read "TSU-SM".

how bout we dont talk about texas state, TSU-SM, or san marcos anymore....

so much love for Southwest Texas State on this board..... mankes me wonder how many TSU-SM alums we have on this board...... ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Good point - hard to read between that mess of green gibberish attached to your post though.

What's more funny is how many people look down on SWTSUSM-Extravaganza yet make googley eyes up at the Longhorns...you don't think perhaps that whimsical, dismissive indifference you show to the Guadulupe Kitties could be coming our way from Austin, do you?

Since when have the Guadalupe and Comal run through SAN MARCOS? Texas State is on the San Marcos River.

http://www.mrp.txstate.edu/mrp/relations/tstatefaq.html

Q. Will we be TSU?

A. No. There are two other TSUs in the state already—Tarleton State and Texas Southern—and several others around the nation. Short reference and second reference to the name is Texas State. “TxSt” will be used when a shorter reference is needed in situations like sports scores.

And I have no connection to Texas State, by the way.

Since when have the Guadalupe and Comal run through SAN MARCOS?  Texas State is on the San Marcos River.

I think you might have missed the point of the joke.

Id say something about Texas State students getting a degree in River Flotation and Recreation, but you'd probably feel the need to inform me that they do not in fact offer a BA in River Flotation and Recreation (as per the website), and then I'd feel dumb. again. biggrin.gif

And I dont really care one way or the other about the University of Texas Wannabees at San Marcos on the San Marcos River not Comal or Guadalupe, or "UTWSMSMRCG" if you were going to put it on a ring...

I think you might have missed the point of the joke.

Id say something about Texas State students getting a degree in River Flotation and Recreation, but you'd probably feel the need to inform me that they do not in fact offer a BA in River Flotation and Recreation (as per the website), and then I'd feel dumb. again.  biggrin.gif

And I dont really care one way or the other about the University of Texas Wannabees at San Marcos on the San Marcos River not Comal or Guadalupe, or "UTWSMSMRCG" if you were going to put it on a ring...

Was that post above a joke?

Now your last post...that was funny. Especially the River Flotation and Recreation laugh.gif

"Lately?"  I've only been here for two days! What is this "lately?"

laugh.gif

2 days would equal lately. You keep up the pace you are on, and it will become "historically." Then again, I don't expect to see much of you after we whip SMUt's a$$.

2 days would equal lately.  You keep up the pace you are on, and it will become "historically."  Then again, I don't expect to see much of you after we whip SMUt's a$$.

You beat us, and I'll be on here every week cheering you guys on to victory.

You lose to us, and I'll be on here every week cheering you guys on to victory.

I'd love to see y'all end the year with one loss (provided, of course, that one lose were to us)