'Marquee Opponents' vs. W's

LongJim

[Now] we're paying good money to go watch Texas State. This is just a little better than an intrasquad scrimmage. We drive 110 miles or so to watch a game that I feel is determined before we leave the house."

What TxSt game was this guy watching last year? That 110 mile drive back could have easily been the longest return trip home, ever.

Rick

What TxSt game was this guy watching last year?  That 110 mile drive back could have easily been the longest return trip home, ever.

Rick

Especially because it was a Thursday night with a hurricane coming in and most players not focused on the game but their nearby families.

The drive home might have taken 24 hours depending on where he was driving.

"We could afford the tickets, but you get to a point where you ask if it's worth paying that amount of money year after year," Gula said. "Nobody seems to complain about the price at Texas because they win. At A&M, I hear the guys that I sit around, friends of ours that are Aggies, complaining about paying these prices when they're not winning.

laugh.gif

Then I read a little farther in the article ...

"I've seen [internet] message boards in which A&M alumni say they're not getting a return on their season ticket investment," Wilson said. "That attitude doesn't fully appreciate how far behind we are, budgetwise and infrastructurewise, with the perennial Top 10 football programs like Florida State, [Texas], Tennessee.

"They all built their version of the Bright [football] facility way ahead of us. We are playing catch-up. The bottom line is you don't catch up in a race by running at the same speed. You catch up by increasing your speed and increasing your effort. Unfortunately, in today's world of college athletics, that comes down to dollars and cents."

user posted image

Could you imagine how many schools (like NT) dream to have the budget that aTm has?

Edited by UNTFan23

I dream about having the loyal fan base that they have. The budget takes care of itself after that.

It is so hard for me not to shed a tear for the poor downtrodden Aggies. I mean their athletic budget is so miniscule.

It is basically the spoiled little rich kid whining about only getting 9 presents for Christmas vs. 10 presents

It is so hard for me not to shed a tear for the poor downtrodden Aggies. I mean their athletic budget is so miniscule.

It is basically the spoiled little rich kid whining about only getting 9 presents for Christmas vs. 10 presents

yeah, "spare me" is what I thought as I read this article. excuse me for having zero sympathy...

yeah, "spare me" is what I thought as I read this article. excuse me for having zero sympathy...

The funny part is their "crappy" schedule would get many of us excited. We have so far to go.

Mitch Hedburg rules. I hugged him once.

And thank to Long Jim for keeping everyone up to date on actual college football news and topics. He must read some kind of bigger board somewhere - or just be all knowing.

And thank to Long Jim for keeping everyone up to date on actual college football news and topics. He must read some kind of bigger board somewhere - or just be all knowing.

laugh.gif

It's an obsession. Same for a lot of people here, I'd wager. ph34r.gif

Hilarious that some of the Aggroids feel they're 'behind'...talk about lack of ROI in their FB program. Frankly, they look like UT did in the '90's.

Bless their hearts. tongue.gif