"The Mean Green vs The Mustangs" game!

If this game doesn't get every Mean Green Fan & Alum fired up...then nothing will. I have waited for t his game for years and years. We beat them 14-7 at Fouts Field in 1990! 22,750 showed up for that game, and the brawl before halftime was great because the game was televised back to Dallas on Channel 21 with Merle Harmon and Alan Stone calling the action. Forrest Greg was the SMU Coach and Corky Nelson was the NT Head Coach.

Both benches emptied when we blocked an SMU field goal attempt and our defensive back was returning it for a TD when he was slammed into the track on the Student side by three Mustangs. Official threw flags all over the place...but it took the police to eventually break this one up. As Merle still says,"This was unbelievable. I thought it was really funny that some Mustang players ripped their helmets off before joining the fight on the field."

BRING 'EM THE HELL ON......LET'S BEAT THE SMU MUSTANGS IN PACKED FOUTS!

We beat them 14-7 at Fouts Field in 1990! 22,750

Does anyone have this game on tape? I would like to have a copy.

I was at the game and it was great. The Denton police had turn people away from Fouts.

I also hope ASU castrates the Mustangs at Ford Field two weeks later.

Edited by NT91

We beat them 14-7 at Fouts Field in 1990! 22,750

Does anyone have this game on tape? I would like to have a copy.

I was at the game and it was great. The Denton police had turn people away from Fouts.

I also hope ASU castrates the Mustangs at Ford Field two weeks later.

Gotta have that shirt!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...