Tenth Annual Birdy Awards- Teams & Coaches

MeanGreen61

From the Sun Belt board.

THE TENTH ANNUAL BIRDY AWARDS--TEAMS AND COACHES (Main Board)

posted by BirdofParadisio , 03-11-2006, 11:37, from 64.12.117.10

TOM PETTY FREEFALLIN' AWARD--EAST DIVISION--UALR

Lost their last five conference games to finish fourth in the East. Won a game in the tournament then reverted by getting hammered by South Alabama. Wouldn't have won in the tournament if it hadn't been for..........

TOM PETTY FREEFALLIN' AWARD--WEST DIVISION--NORTH TEXAS

Started 5-2 in the league and then lost six of seven. Finished it off by losing to East Division Petty Winner UALR. Is this team EVER going to start playing defense????

PHOENIX AWARD--LOUISIANA

After starting 1-7 in the league and 5-14 overall, Cajuns finished second in the West and got to the tournament semifinals before giving Western Kentucky all they could handle.

BIGGEST IDENTITY CRISIS--NORTH TEXAS

If they want to be known as the Mean Green, why is it the only song their band seems to know is "Fly like an Eagle?"

TAKE A BOW AWARD--FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Living up to their name, FIU players use the international tradition of joining hands and bowing to the crowd before each game.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AWARD---ARKANSAS STATE

Signed Dickey Nutt to a new contract under reduced salary. Arkansas State promptly reduced their number of wins this season.

JEKYLL/HYDE AWARD--TROY

Made 23 three pointers in their first round game vs. Arkansas State. Made six (one after halftime) in their overtime loss to Louisiana.

THE $168,000 MISTAKE AWARD--MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Leading by one with 40 seconds left, MTSU passed up a sure layup to bring the ball back out and run clock, even though Denver was guaranteed another possession. Two passes later they turned it over and Denver scored with a second left to win....let's see....7000 people times twelve bucks times two games....yep 168,000

SOMEBODY JUST SHOT MY DOG AWARD---COMMISSIONER WRIGHT WATERS

His expression after Nicholson's shot against MTSU said it all

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AWARD

ULM Women's Basketball, FAU Women's Basketball, baseball and softball.

TAKE YOUR TIME GETTING HERE AWARD

FAU and ULM men's basketball, ULM Baseball (1-15) and softball (lost 12 of their last 13.)

HONK IF YOU'RE HORN(y) AWARD

Troy's band. Loud, proud and plenty of brass

BEST BAND REPITOIRE--FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Really good selections. Made me say "Oh wow" multiple times

BEST DANCE TEAM--LOUISIANA'S RAGIN JAZZ

Because I see them all the time, I take them for granted. But after seeing the others, this one isn't even close

BEST LOOKING DANCE TEAM--FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL (Men's team dancer division)

SECOND BEST LOOKING DANCE TEAM--FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL (Women's team dancer division)

They have an A and a B team, I guess. Me gusto mucho las senoritas cubanas.

BEST LOOKING CHEERLEADERS--WESTERN KENTUCKY

I had to stand up and cheer.

SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION AWARD--KERMIT DAVIS--MIDDLE TENNESSEE

I swear, sometimes I think the man is just going to explode, sending body parts all over the Murphy Center.

IT'S ALL ABOUT MY GUYS AWARD--MULTIPLE WINNERS

Darrin Horn nominated five players for all conference, Sergio Rouco four, Dickey Nutt three, UALR three.

AND.........TWO PLAYER AWARDS I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE PLAYERS' SECTION

SPONGE BOB AWARD--DANIEL EMERSON--WESTERN KENTUCKY

Dude has the squarest head I've ever seen

FUTURE MONSTER AWARD--THERON HUDSON--MIDDLE TENNESSEE

He'll be the next dominant big man in this league.

BEST DANCE TEAM--LOUISIANA'S RAGIN JAZZ

Because I see them all the time, I take them for granted. But after seeing the others, this one isn't even close

BEST LOOKING DANCE TEAM--FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL (Men's team dancer division)

SECOND BEST LOOKING DANCE TEAM--FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL (Women's team dancer division)

They have an A and a B team, I guess. Me gusto mucho las senoritas cubanas.

BEST LOOKING CHEERLEADERS--WESTERN KENTUCKY

I had to stand up and cheer.

any time that best looking and (north) Texas arent in the same sentance I am forced to discount everything elese that is said. Texas has more great looking girls at the local Sonic than Kentucky has in the whole state. let alone the western portion of that "state"

Any time that best looking and (north) Texas arent in the same sentance I am forced to discount everything elese that is said. (The State of)Texas has more great looking girls at the local Sonic than Kentucky has in the whole state. let alone the western portion of that "state"

user posted image

I'll say!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick