Troy is gonna be tough this Thursday

stebo

Troy is going to be a tough game this Thursday - they won again tonight - at home, in front of almost 4K fans. I can't believe that there were schools that tried to block Troy getting into this conference a few years back. They knocked off MTSU tonight easily - and the thing that is impressing me with their team is that it is so well rounded. The points came from the starters - with 4 of the 5 all having right in the 15-20 point range. How is that for parity in your line-up? A win this week against the men from Troy will be a very solid win - they have beat Western (in Kentucky) and now MTSU....

Another shocker (in my opinion) - FIU beats UL at home. The Cajuns have been a bitter dissapointment this year. They have all of the ingredients to be a top 50 team but they just aren't playing very well. Southall is back and ripping it up; but everyone else is just playing like crap. Maybe he truly is a cancer on their roster - but from everything that I have read, he has turned his life around (FINALLY!)...

ALSO! - I just noticed that we have South Alabama on Saturday. Yet another tough game for this weekend! If we split between these two games then I will be happy - if we sweep the two then I might actually start to think that we have a legitimate chance at making an NIT bid this year (baby steps people!)...

Also, did anyone see that North Dakota State knocked off Wisconsin today? Duke went down... a couple of other pretty big upsets as well. College basketball is starting to heat up!

Current West Standings:

S. Alabama 4-1

North Texas 4-2

Troy 3-2

Denver 3-3

UNO 2-3

Schedule for this week:

Thursday 1/26/06

USA at Denver

Troy at UNT

UNO at MUTS

Saturday 1/28/06

USA at UNT

Troy at Denver

UNO at WKU

Things could get very sticky this week. UNT with a sweep in this week's games, will be in 1st place! Man, I wish I could go to these games! I will be watching via the internet. With y'all in spirit. GO MEAN GREEN!

Attendance was 2,739

Whoops, I was looking at the USA (South Alabama) attendance as well (they had close to 4K - about 3800) - because we play both of them this weekend and I got the two mixed up. Even still - Troy is drawing well for a first year Sun Belt member, pulling in 3K in Troy, AL is like 1/5th of the city's population... if NT could pull that off we would be selling out the 10K seat Super Pit regularly.

Whoops, I was looking at the USA (South Alabama) attendance as well (they had close to 4K - about 3800) - because we play both of them this weekend and I got the two mixed up.  Even still - Troy is drawing well for a first year Sun Belt member, pulling in 3K in Troy, AL is like 1/5th of the city's population... if NT could pull that off we would be selling out the 10K seat Super Pit regularly.

I believe Troy went to the NCAA's last year after winning the Atlantic Sun Conference, so 3K should not be to hard to do for them as long as they keep winning. Lets hope we can climb that high eventually.

Whoops, I was looking at the USA (South Alabama) attendance as well (they had close to 4K - about 3800) - because we play both of them this weekend and I got the two mixed up.  Even still - Troy is drawing well for a first year Sun Belt member, pulling in 3K in Troy, AL is like 1/5th of the city's population... if NT could pull that off we would be selling out the 10K seat Super Pit regularly.

If Troy can get that many people, certainly we can. It just goes to show that UNT needs to market Denton area better to get their fans. There is no reason they shouldn't get 4-5,000 a game. This is from a population of about 100,000 in Denton.