Google Maps

UNTFan23

Click me

Even though the sat. pics are a few years old, it's cool to go and see how much has changed on the campus since the pics were taken. From what I can tell, the Gateway Center is under construction, the Rec-Center hadn't been build, and they hadn't added more parking to Fouts Field yet.

hey you can see the volleyball pit I built behind our fraternity house before the school anexed that land and bulldozed my court. I still have some issues over that.

anyone who hasnt downloaded google.earth should really give it a try. it is the coolest thing ever.

Edited by bigrobdsp

It sure is BROWN.

Gotta be one of the ugliest golf courses I have ever seen/played... cant say it will be missed. Although we had a hell of a time during a fraternity undergrad/alumni golf tourny back in '99. In hindsight, after several beers, the course looked about "just right"

Edited by Eagle1855

Click me

Even though the sat. pics are a few years old, it's cool to go and see how much has changed on the campus since the pics were taken.  From what I can tell, the Gateway Center is under construction, the Rec-Center hadn't been build, and they hadn't added more parking to Fouts Field yet.

I had a cousin attending TWU when they were putting I35-E thru Denton and she told me years ago about all that.

The most amazing thing to me on this google map snap shot of our campous is how the old Texas Highway Department (now TxDOT) had little or no regard for NT by placing their interstate as close to Fouts Field as they did. Looking at that map from the satellite, it looks like an errant punt could hit a car on the interstate. blink.gif

If they had put I35-E about 100 more yards west of the Fouts service road what a difference that could have made. I guess the old TX Hwy Dept. didn't want to fool around with a university golf course that had produced 3 NCAA Division 1 golf national championships with featured such NT golfers as Don January and Billy Maxwell, eh? biggrin.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

These maps are pretty old though.

If you go west of Fouts Field down Airport Road, just before the Peterbuilt plant there is nothing there. UNT has some fields and facilities there. That was at least 2-3 years ago those were built.

Go further west to the airport and there is no tower there. The tower was activated sometime last year, was constructed even earlier then that. There is nothing there in the pictures.