ACLU VS. NMSU FOOTBALL

eulesseagle

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2212630

This is not only an issue with NMSU, now,  but will become one with the NCAA and everyone else.

Personally, the ACLU needs to be stopped!!

I'm in no way, shape, or form, a fan of the ACLU, but:

Some student-athletes may feel pressured to pray. They shouldn't have to feel like they MUST adhere to other's religious beliefs in order to feel like they are part of the team. Yes, I know they don't have to, but really, how would it look if 98% of the team is Christian? NMSU is not a school with ties or a basis on religion. They aren't BYU, Baylor, etc. It should stay that way.

*Flame Suit on* ph34r.gifcool.gif

ph34r.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2212630

This is not only an issue with NMSU, now,  but will become one with the NCAA and everyone else.

Personally, the ACLU needs to be stopped!!

just post the link and keep the personal comments to yourself. It saves a lot of trouble in the long run, thanks.

I'm in no way, shape, or form, a fan of the ACLU, but:

Some student-athletes may feel pressured to pray. They shouldn't have to feel like they MUST adhere to other's religious beliefs in order to feel like they are part of the team. Yes, I know they don't have to, but really, how would it look if 98% of the team is Christian? NMSU is not a school with ties or a basis on religion. They aren't BYU, Baylor, etc. It should stay that way. 

*Flame Suit on* ph34r.gifcool.gif

ph34r.gif

---The problem with this issue is that not every Christian has the same exact beliefs although some extreme Christians seem to think so. ..... We have groups that absolutely oppose drinking, dancing, smoking, divorse, and others groups are very different and tolerant and even have beer sold at church events (Catholic fair here sells beer while the Church of Christ seems to think we are going to Hell if we have one) and other groups that claim multiple wives are ok. There is the too much diversity to be uniform... Most people have no objection to a simple prayer for protection and guidance but some folks go way to far. That is the issue. Not everyone is a Baptist, Methodist, or Morman, or Moslem. I really would not want to be at Univ. of Utah and they have prayers praising Joseph Smith (Morman) in a prayer..

The ACLU... they get a little crazy at times but at times they stand up for people who are having their rights trampled on. The ACLU is both good and bad like a lot of things. I am so old I remember them being criticized for supporting a lot of things in the 60's (racial and womens rights) that we take for granted as being the right thing to do today. A century ago woman could not vote and until 1960's they did not even serve on juries even if a woman was on trial. My mother was over 6o before she served on her first jury. The ACLU was attacked for supporting womens rights then. My grandmother (who died at age 32 in the 1919 flu epidemic) was never permitted to vote.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66