NT is actually doing some good things tonight!

SouthBendGreen

Obviously the 99 yard drive by LSU after Jamario was stopped on 4th and 1 doesn't help, but I still think the offense has some things to build on. I know it sounds crazy, but those that watched the game have to agree with me. The O-Line looked much better tonight. Daniel had time to throw the ball. Hopefully DD and Ramon realized tonight they can throw the ball 25 times a game and have success mixing things up. I also hope they realized that Jamario needs 25 carries a game for the rest of the season.

I know, but I'm talking mostly about the offense, not the defense!  We knew LSU's offense would do this.  But, I truly thought our offense would pretty much be three and out everytime.  NT has had some nice drives.

Our offense has been fairly successful moving the ball, however, lsu keeps committing fouls which has helped us along the way.

We ran well early and didn't turn the ball over. Also we mixed up the play-calling a good bit. Amazing what that will do.

Aaron Weathers = playmaker.

Meager's been more good than bad. I still would like to see more out of his arm, and he's done a couple of dangerous things, but to some extent those are acceptable to me for a freshman. Very positive day for him.

The offensive line has done a solid job.

Baz with a 50-yarder in a hostile stadium.

I saw some positives. Some, not many.

Positives:

Meager looked much better. I hope he was throwing all those balls out of bounds on purpose.

JT looked better, almost back to his old self.

There were times during the game I was saying to myself "here we go again to the N.O. Bowl". God I hope not this year. The OOC loses have just been too non-competitive.

Negatives:

I watched this game with my father and he said on more than one ocasion that "Dickey is a F*$%*&^ idiot". This is a guy that doesn't follow NT football.

Defense was just plain bad.

OL

How bad is it when we are looking for positives (and seeing them) in another complete blowout of a game?

This year is the worst we have been since our return to 1-A. I'll give DD a flyer on not winning the SBC this year but I don't give him a flyer on putting this program in this bad of shape.

What in the hell has happened?

Jeez, I know that too.  Can you not take anything positive!!!!??  I'm not trying to sound like Plum here, but the offense has done some nice things.

The NT offense is only doing what some of us have been suggesting for awhile now, like 3 steps back--quick passes from Meager, more quick hitting slant pass plays and utilizing the tight end who has suddenly come out of no-where back into the NT offensive game plan. Some call it the West Coast-type offense. (Of course, doing all this against prior lesser competition would have been most advisable). smile.gif

I don't think those who have been suggesting these things for more than this season are going to put Bill Parcells in danger of losing his job with the Dallas Cowboys, either. If one has played any organized football beyond Pop Warner you just get a feel about trying some things when other other things have not been working.

FAN SUPPORT? Just staying on either side of the fence would be more admirable than all the non-stop vascillation with a Mean Green win or a loss being the determiner of that. For some reason, I don't think the Iowa Hawkeye football program before Hayden Fry took over and a program that had sellouts after sellouts in the stark cold of winter for a few decades of under .500 seasons; anyway, I don't think Iowa had such fans who were up one minute and down the next.

I think many would agree that it will be our fans, alums & NT student's repsonse to winning (and losing) that will determine our school's conference future and its always been that way anytime we've had a chance to make a conference address change. I merely defer to UTEP with their fan support and having a real college football stadium to hold that support AND with all the characteristics and attibutes they have if they were somehow magically re-located in a heavily popluated DFW, like say, a Denton, Texas, type of college town, hellsbells, they'd be in the Big 12 today.

The next 3 Saturday's of Game Days at Fouts Field will be interesting to say the least. If it were announced in the Denton Record/Chronicle Sunday that CUSA consultant/NCAA mover and shaker Chuck Neinas was going to be at each of our next 3 home games at Fouts for reasons relating to future conference re-alignment, I wonder how many of our elect would show up at Fouts Field en mass the next 3 Game Days rather than choosing to do one of a thousand other entertainment offerings one can pick from in the DFW Metroplex and beyond?

Fall Back: Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Most Improved Player: Chad Rose

Meager had time to think tonight and look what he was able to accomplish. The OL has been pretty solid with the exception of Rose all season and tonight he seemed to live up to his hype. If Rose plays at this level the rest of the season then Meager will start hitting Quinn and JN when they have a step on their man (I can remember him overthrowing atleast 4 or 5 to open receivers).

Young Player that Impressed most: Charley Brown

This kid has some serious potential.