Collegefootballnews

GoMeanGreen1999

Saturday, October 22

North Texas (2-3) at Louisiana Tech (2-3), 4 pm ET

Why to watch: Louisiana Tech has a good enough team to hang around in the WAC race, but after losing to Nevada 37-27, it has to keep improving week after week against several cupcakes before the end-of-season showdowns against Boise State and Fresno State. Yes, North Texas is now a cupcake with the nation’s worst offense with wins over MTSU and FIU.

Why North Texas might win: The only chance North Texas has is if the running game is somehow able to get rolling and control the tempo. The offensive line has had an abysmal season, but Patrick Cobbs has rushed for over 100 yards in three of the five games. He should be able to tear off at least 100 against a porous Louisiana Tech run defense that’s allowing 214 yards per game, but ...

Why Louisiana Tech might win: … North Texas doesn’t score. It’s one thing to only score seven on Kansas State and ten on the occasionally strong Troy defense, but the Mean Green hasn’t scored more than two touchdowns in a game this year scoring a grand total of 46 points. After getting stuffed for three points by Florida and 14 by Kansas, Louisiana Tech has averaged 35.7 points per game.

Who to watch: North Texas is going to continue to stick it out with redshirt freshman QB Daniel Meager. He had one of his most accurate games of the season completing ten of 15 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown against FIU. His other decent game came against MTSU also completing ten of 15 passes. In the three losses, he completed 40% of his throws with four interceptions. Last week’s touchdown pass was his first.

What will happen: Louisiana Tech will win this in the first half. The North Texas defense is almost as bad as the offense, and both will have problems. Louisiana Tech’s run defense is good enough to stuff Cobbs, and UNT won’t be able to do anything else.

CFN Prediction: Louisiana Tech 42 … North Texas 10 ... Line: Louisiana Tech -19 | Make your pick and compete against others

Must See Rating: (5 lock yourself in a room to watch - 1 The Tyra Banks Show) ... 1.5

Final Score:

They have this all wrong. Our D is improving evey weekend and we now know that to win they have to be in condition which they should be there by now. I think Daniel and Patrick could have breakout games. Depends on the O line. Will they have a break out game is to be seen. They cannot be as bad as they look can they? I think we might see some impressive stuff this weekend. Every year we have a great game that makes the season. I will go on record as saying this could be the one. Still not enough in Ruston:

LaTech : 28

UNT: 24

Maybe we will get that punt block or return to switch the score.

I agree the CFN has it wrong, but just not our way. A slightly improved defense will be able to keep LATECH under 50, but one problem remains. No offense. Cobbs will get 100 yards, but the young team will give up that much in penalties alone. There's also no chance of a new O-line suddenly appearing in Ruston.

Louisiana Tech 49

North Texas 0

and to save on typing costs:

UNT at LSU:

hahahahhahahhahahaaahhahahahha.

Louisiana State 63

North Texas 0

I agree the CFN has it wrong, but just not our way.  A slightly improved defense will be able to keep LATECH under 50, but one problem remains. No offense. Cobbs will get 100 yards, but the young team will give up that much in penalties alone. There's also no chance of a new O-line suddenly appearing in Ruston.

Louisiana Tech 49

North Texas 0

and to save on typing costs:

UNT at LSU:

hahahahhahahhahahaaahhahahahha.

Louisiana State 63

North Texas 0

You think La Tech will put 49 on us and LSU only 63? You're giving La Tech too much credit. That, or you're underrating LSU. I won't post a prediction since last time I did that we lost to Tulsa..... but let's just say I think one game will be close and the other one won't.

You think La Tech will put 49 on us and LSU only 63? You're giving La Tech too much credit. That, or you're underrating LSU. I won't post a prediction since last time I did that we lost to Tulsa..... but let's just say I think one game will be close and the other one won't.

Actually, the difference is that I think LATECH will keep their starters in for almost all of the game as opposed to LSU, which should have its third string out by the start of the 4th quarter.

They have this all wrong. Our D is improving evey weekend and we now know that to win they have to be in condition which they should be there by now. I think Daniel and Patrick could have breakout games. Depends on the O line. Will they have a break out game is to be seen. They cannot be as bad as they look can they? I think we might see some impressive stuff this weekend. Every year we have a great game that makes the season. I will go on record as saying this could be the one. Still not enough in Ruston: 

LaTech : 28

UNT: 24

Maybe we will get that punt block or return to switch the score.

you're really kidding yourself buddy.