YUCK! Part Two

fatcat255

Dickey is just setting up LSU for the kill. wink.gif  We're going after that one, big OOC victory that will put us over the top.

Hey, dd only goes after one OOC win every 2-3 years when his head could be on the chopping block. I figure lala tech this year, or lala or smu next year. If he pulls a win out of his arse in one of those games, he expects us and the admin to get off his back for another 2 years.

Most important game in their recent history and there were only 10,813 in attendance at Monroe. That is pathetic.

What is UNT's home attendance? There are several reason why ULM's home attendance was low.

#1 Day game. 2:30 kickoff not good.

#2 LSU playing at 2:30 lot of people stayed home to watch that.

#3 USC/ND game kicked off at the same time, lost more there.

If the game had been at night there would have been 18K + there.

Either way ULM wins over Troy biggrin.gif

What is UNT's home attendance? There are several reason why ULM's home attendance was low.

#1 Day game. 2:30 kickoff not good.

#2 LSU playing at 2:30 lot of people stayed home to watch that.

#3 USC/ND game kicked off at the same time, lost more there.

If the game had been at night there would have been 18K + there.

Either way ULM wins over Troy  biggrin.gif

Congrats ULM!!! Wait till they see what shows up for the UNT H/C against ULM before bashing you. Our A.D. has worked magic this year with drawing our first two crowds with the pitiful product we have offerred. Magic stops with the 3 frigid Nov. games two of which are at night to please the old geisers of Denton who won't even show up anyway. Again Congrats on a good win, I still remember back in the SLC when we were competitive with you. Hell we are not even competitive with the SLC now after a decade in D-1!!!!

Night games allow for more tailgate time, allow for students who can't get off of work, to work an early shift ( I had to do that a few times), allow for those who dont tailgate to do some errands before the game, and allow for us to watch early games at tailgate. Even if it is cold at the game, so what? People need to grow some balls and wear a jacket to the game.

And yes, I know the problem is going to be too many are scared off by cold weather.

In the years that I worked in Michigan, the games at Michgan State were sold out regardless of the weather. And this was even when their team wasn't doing that well. With the population in the Metroplex and outlying areas, there isn't much of of an excuse for such small crowds. Sales promotion during the week of a home game hasn't been effective. Are there ads in all the metro area newspapers? Special two for one promos? etc., etc., etc.

There always excuses for failure. New ideas and leadership are needed. People in Texas enjoy and understand football. Why aren't they coming to see Patrick Cobbs, and others? Do people know about the Mean Green and why not?

Okay, that LSU possible win reference almost made me fall out of my chair. Sad Deep but oh so necessary on a busy Sunday afternoon!

We have been craving La Tech and SMU for decades - I always thought that we had better watch what we wish for.

GMG