Bennett pulls rabbit (er ponies) out of hat!

Saw this score come up while watching Penn State beat Ohio State 17-10 in Happy Valley. So, SMU has now won two games this season. I want them at their best when they come to Fouts Field next September 9th, 2006.

I'm sure Ramon Flanigan will have a great offensive plan for that game, too. Maybe we can actually score a touchdown vs SMU. Hard to say, though, because we all know how Coach Dickey treats OOC games. I'm sure we'll be embarassed.

I hate that, too....but if either Flanigan and Dickey remain, we deserve such humiliation. AND, we will have just had our butts mauled the week before in Austin by the Texas Longhorns. If this season so far wasn't bad enough.

I was planning a trip to Ruston in 2 weeks, but I don't see the point of going.

Funny how most of the last 5 years (with the exception of this year) I think we beat the Ponies 9 of 10 X's each of those 5 years, but the 2005 Mustangs have me as confused and bewildered as the 2005 Mean Green. Also just as frustrating that we get these upcoming games with SMU when they are on the rise and we (for the moment) seem to be going in a down cycle. So what else is new? SMU wasn't about to schedule the Mean Green during the Booger Kennedy era, now were they? wink.gif

The biggest thing NT can do (besides recruit more classes like the Booger Kennedy classes) is take care of business out at Eagle Point Campus and do that now with warp speed. As they say, time is of the essence. We cannot afford to stretch those plans out much more than 4 years now and let this program flounder and that because we can't keep up with complete football facilities at outposts such as Troy U, SMU and even Howard Schnellenberger's FAU with their planned domed stadium, etc, etc, etc. Anyone don't think MTSU is not ahead of us in the "stadium department", too? Who in the SBC isn't?

I know any football program still needs to have the full meal deal of good coaching, good recruiting and so forth, but the "so forth" part at NORTH TEXAS is our future new football stadium because that is the missing link in Mean Green Country no matter who our coaching staff is today, tomorrow or in the future.

Who knows, Dickey may get his dream job in due time, but FWIW, who would it be who would come to Denton to succeed him in today's NCAA D1-A facility arms race era and want to recruit at a school who has no quick plans to replace Fouts Field (if that turns out to be the case with a hopefully "not delayed" time-table)? Personally, I feel we are in a new stadium by our home opener in 2008 but that is for another thread.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND: DD is presently under those lack of "complete" football facilities circumstances now, but we still expect miracles from him even as some "SBC" blink.gif schools have passed us by with their stadiums? Not really fair to him no matter how you feel about him as NT's coach.

If you go over to Westover Hills (neighborhood for the rich and famous in Fort Worth) to buy a house, just what is it that makes you want to make a purchase? Is it the tennis court, the polo grounds, the equestrian area, the swimming pool or the the well-manicured lawn? No, it's none of those things because its the actual house that will ultimately cause you to want to seal the deal. Same thing when Texas/Oklahoma HS recruits visit most schools we compete against on the recruiting trails, except its the stadium we are talking about with that group.

All the ancillery facilities related to football are nice and things a school must have now, but its when most recruits step inside the football stadium for the first time that is the clincher with many of them because that gives them a big hint as to what a school's real committment is to its football program. Thankfully, NT is going to take care of its football stadium situation, but we need not tarry on that project while others already have a head start on us in that department.

GMG!