FirefightnRick

Correct me if I'm wrong. After this season I see us losing:

LG Jason May,

RG Dylan Lineberry

TE Beau Davidson

RB Patrick Cobbs

Backup:

RT Robbie Vanderslice

And potentially we will lose Johnny Quinn who could/should leave for the NFL draft.

HOLY CRAP!, if we are expected to produce so little this year after losing three starters AND gaining an extra top back to utilize, what will we do having to potentially replace 4 or 5 starters on offense next year? We will be so extremely young next season they may end up calling us the DAY CARE MEAN GREEN. dry.gif

Rick

WOW...  blink.gif

People have said we are young on offense this yr and I just don't buy that... we are only young in the QB and Center positions.

Yep.

And if anyone has watched these two positions they'd see how poor the production has been from these two spots. Not taking anything from the rest of the O, because a case can be made for other players. These two just stand out head-and-shoulders above the rest.

Edited by Got5onIt

this will only get more frustrating.  Because not only do we hear the "we are so young" excuse this year. but we will get the privaledge of hearing it next year.

Seems like I heard the "we are so young" excuse last year until Jamario took off.

Will it never end? sad.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong. After this season I see us losing:

LG Jason May,

RG Dylan Lineberry

TE Beau Davidson

RB Patrick Cobbs

Backup:

RT Robbie Vanderslice

And potentially we will lose Johnny Quinn who could/should leave for the NFL draft.

HOLY CRAP!, if we are expected to produce so little this year after losing three starters AND gaining an extra top back to utilize, what will we do having to potentially replace 4 or 5 starters on offense next year? We will be so extremely young next season they may end up calling us the DAY CARE MEAN GREEN.

I understand the point your trying to make, but the part that you failed to mention is who backs up these players now.

I think we are set at running back, with Robertson to bulk up to back up Jamario. I am still waiting for Davidson to make an impact as a pass catching tight end, we have lots of blocking tight ends.

Lineberry will hurt. So one of the youngsters will have to step up. We lost May last year, and that forced Foster and Linebetty to arrive. The question will be if anyone can step forward to fill those two spots.

There is no way that Quinn leaves after this year. He will need a sophomore quarterback to help improve his draft status.

**No, I am not apologinzing for any OOC losses.**

There is no way that Quinn leaves after this year. He will need a sophomore quarterback to help improve his draft status.

I see Johnny doing no worse by leaving than staying with this system because he cannot improve any more at what his initial assignment is: Downfield Blocking.

It's part of the game, but that isn't what will get him in the NFL. He's already getting interests. Should he get an invite to some camps and show his speed and work ethic, he's gone.

Rick

DD and his staff will find whatever "hidden" talent in his recruiting area just like he found a replacement for Cobbs in JT.

FFR I know you will be one of the first to agree that this team has more depth, even as young as it is, than what we have had before.

DD will find a way to win the SBC again.

The OOC wins will come in time.