All I want from today's game is.....

class84

1. Give PC 35 carries, and throw him 5 passes. If they stuff him and he gains 60 yards, so be it. I want the ball in the hands of our playmakers, not the freshman QB.

2. If Jamario is healthy, give him half of PC's carries and play them together in the backfield half the time. If he isn't healthy, don't suit him up. Running him out there at less than 100% for 8 carries a game is a disservice to the offense and to JT. Let him get healthy, and let the offense find a rhythm.

3. Give JQuinn opportunities to make plays. If we can't get the ball downfield, try some wide receiver screens or reverses. The obligatory Hail Mary twice a game is no way to use your best wideout.

I can live with getting beaten (badly) today if we at least try to get back to the things that have made us successful. If they don't work against K-State, fine, they will work against the Sunbelt--we've proven that for four years. We won't succeed this year by throwing the ball 20+ times with a freshman QB.

3.  Give JQuinn opportunities to make plays.  If we can't get the ball downfield, try some wide receiver screens or reverses.  The obligatory Hail Mary twice a game is no way to use your best wideout.

This is the one the I hope for the most. NT has NO intermediate passing game and really hasn't for some time now. When NT does throw it's always those Hail Marys you talked about and that doesn't make for a successful passing game.

Edited by SouthBendGreen

try some wide receiver screens

I agree. It doesn't have to be only WR screens, but I some NT run a ton of slants in the scrimmages and I really haven't seen us go to that during the season at all.

A short passing game will get people out of the box. We don't have to run the spread to get to a 7 man box.

I think people are obsessed with getting the ball deep down field, and that would really yank extra defenders from the box, but wea re not that team right now. Show something in the passing game, short passes to intermediate, and that 8th and ninth guy will have to defend, or we are going to nickel and dime them down the field all night.

Perfect example is what Texas State sis to A&M the other night. They were very efficient in theie short-mid range passing game.

I expect to see a decent showing today. I truly believe the team will rebound and look much more like the team we are all used to seeing. With that being said, this is a young team and things like last week happen to young teams. The snowball got rolling and they couldn't stop it.

If history is any indication, DD teams usually bounce back strong from poor showings. Until otherwise, I believe that will happen again. I'm not saying a win just a better showing.