Letter by Muts AD to Student body

MeanGreen61

http://www.mtsusidelines.com/media/paper20.../Sports/Massaro.

Grateful.For.Student.Turnout-984026.shtml

Massaro grateful for student turnout

By Chris Massaro

Published: Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Article Tools: Page 1 of 1

To the MTSU Student Body:

On behalf of the Department of Athletics, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for a great and enthusiastic turnout for the North Texas football game on Saturday. You were part of the sixth largest crowd in stadium history. I was told when I was hired as Director of Athletics on May 2, that we had an apathetic student body that was devoid of school spirit. MTSU is a suitcase college, and everyone goes home on the week-end.

What I observed on Saturday was just the opposite. I observed students tailgating and enjoying (some more than others) the festivities at Walnut Grove. I observed a student body that rose as one and created an atmosphere that rivaled any student section in the country. I saw students that were excited over the prospect of winning two white parking passes every game and a Harley Davidson at the end of the year, and watching two teams favored to win the Sun Belt Conference battle tooth and nail.

Yes, we are all disappointed with the result. We dominated the four-time defending conference champion, but let them off the hook. However, our team played hard and can still accomplish its goals this season.

We need your help. Please remember the fun you had all day Saturday and let's do it again. We only have four more home games this year, so don't miss out. Prove the experts wrong and come out again this Saturday at four. I know you will have fun and I know you will watch our team play well.

Again, thank you for the great enthusiasm Saturday night. I could not have been more proud. Here's hoping we have the same student atmosphere Saturday at four ... with different results!

Go Blue Raiders!

Sincerely,

Chris Massaro

Director of Athletics

Yes, we are all disappointed with the result. We dominated the four-time defending conference champion, but let them off the hook. However, our team played hard and can still accomplish its goals this season.

Translation...... I'm trying to put a good spin on our whipping. cool.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

Damn Chris thems fighten words!

C'mon. The fight's over. If you wanna' prove to everyone else that you were good enough to beat us, instead of us bad enough to beat ourselves, then how 'bout at least beating Tulsa and La Tech and sweeping the Sun Belt that includes a few good teams like FAU. They've got even less experience than UNT, but they've looked more impressive in the get-go. That's scary.

Best of luck, I do hope ya'll beat the Golden Hurricane. It's important for the image of the conference to win these OOC games.

cool.gif

Edited by BlueRaiderPride

We didn't lose we just ran out of time.

The Tulsa AD should also write a letter to the students. We rocked Skelly Stadium until 14:44 in the first quarter when it was 7-0 Minnesota.

I think it was a helluva nice touch for the AD to write the students, thanking them for turning out for the game. Good work.