Disappointing Lack of Imagination

tonyhuntoon

The last time we opened the season with a win was against freaking Texas Tech in 1988!

....when we were a 1-AA school. We spotted Texas Tech 21 points in the first half and came back to win 29 to 24.

SO! The last time we opened the season with a win over a 1-A school when WE were ALSO a 1-A school was..........1980 vs UTA. We helped them open their new stadium with a loss, NT 31 UTA 14. If you don't think that UTA counts as a 1-A school, then we would go back to 1979 with an opening win over UTEP....35-0.

Lighten-up Harry. I don't think that anyone is blaming the coaching staff or the players for the uni's.

We still love our team. wink.gif

The new text on the helmet looked strange to me and kind of confusing.

Why are some of the letters inter-locked and others not? I keep trying to connect what is popping out at me and I am getting "ortxas" whatever that means. Or to a lesser extent I see "NhTe"

Is this some kind of code, maybe a little conspiracy?

Having accepted the fact that the interlocked NT is not an option, and posed with the possibilities block letters or new logo...I thought the new uni's looked great.

The numbers are a bit big, but at least they are not shadowed, and I kind of like the shape of the numbers...a bit different.

I thought I would hate the "give it to me lance" block letters (I reallly couldnt stand the script) but I actaully liked it and it is better than the USPS eagle head.

Clean, no goofy extra lines...love the ringer look of the shirts.

Love the green pants on the road, hope we go with white britches at home.

I don't like the all green look...reminds me too much of Gumby.

Could have been worse...silly MUTS looked like a middle school.

GMG

Love the green pants on the road, hope we go with white britches at home.

I don't like the all green look...reminds me too much of Gumby.

Finally, someone who thinks like me. blink.gif I'm not a fan of the all-green look, nor the black pants. Look at some of the older pictures of game action with the white pants, etc., and the classic look is so much better.