For you skeptics

eulesseagle

The last 3 years of Winning Percentage of football at UNT and MTSU is: 63% & 47% respectfully.

My thoughts are, "so what if MTSU has 17 returning lettermen."

1. DD is a better recruiter. UNT is deeper now than what we ever have been since DD's first year. 4 SBC Championships to 0 for MTSU.

2. I would go as far to say that AC & his Blue Raiders are barely 1-deep at MTSU.

3. I would say that our OL can push their DL around just about all day/night (those are some big OL guys we got)--kinda makes Joe Green look a little puney.

4. I would say our RB's are the best in the nation....Cobbs and Thomas are going to be any DB's nightmares.

5. Meager....one of the best HS QB's in the area and has an extra year of maturity because of Redshirting.

6. I would say our Defense in solid enough to stop MTSU.

7. I would say that this will be DD's best year for an offensive scheme on the field. How can you not be creative with the best two RB's in the nation?

8. Quinn and the other recievers are just plain FAST!

UNT by 21

The last 3 years of Winning Percentage of football at UNT and MTSU is: 63% & 47% respectfully.

1.  DD is a better recruiter.  UNT is deeper now than what we ever have been since DD's first year.  4 SBC Championships to 0 for MTSU.

2.  I would go as far to say that AC & his Blue Raiders are barely 1-deep at MTSU.

3.  I would say that our OL can push their DL around just about all day/night (those are some big OL guys we got)--kinda makes Joe Green look a little puney.

4.  I would say our RB's are the best in the nation....Cobbs and Thomas are going to be any DB's nightmares.

5.  Meager....one of the best HS QB's in the area and has an extra year of maturity because of Redshirting.

6.  I would say our Defense in solid enough to stop MTSU.

7.  I would say that this will be DD's best year for an offensive scheme on the field.  How can you not be creative with the best two RB's in the nation?

8.  Quinn and the other recievers are just plain FAST!

UNT by 21

You're right. Your O-line and backs are better than Alabama's. And we're not even one deep. There are certain positions that we have high schoolers step in and play each week.

Just don't run it up on us too bad, OK?

sad.gif

You're right. Your O-line and backs are better than Alabama's. And we're not even one deep. There are certain positions that we have high schoolers step in and play each week.

Just don't run it up on us too bad, OK?

sad.gif

Is it true that there is a raffle where the winner gets to QB for a series in the 3rd quarter? Maybe it wasn't a raffle, it might have been an essay contest.

---Some of the largest reasons we have been able to recruit much better is the breakup of the SWC which brings SMU, Rice, Houston and TCU pretty much on our level recruiting-wise-- plus we have kicked up our status to I-A (again)--- and DD has succeeded and we are a winning team going to a bowl, regularly.... WE will continue to get better and so will the remainder of the Belt .

---MTSU had a very decent game last week against Bama and they could really give us fits. Let us hope we are able to disappoint them again.

1.  DD is a better recruiter.  UNT is deeper now than what we ever have been since DD's first year.  4 SBC Championships to 0 for MTSU.

2.  I would go as far to say that AC & his Blue Raiders are barely 1-deep at MTSU.

3.  I would say that our OL can push their DL around just about all day/night (those are some big OL guys we got)--kinda makes Joe Green look a little puney.

4.  I would say our RB's are the best in the nation....Cobbs and Thomas are going to be any DB's nightmares.

5.  Meager....one of the best HS QB's in the area and has an extra year of maturity because of Redshirting.

7.  I would say that this will be DD's best year for an offensive scheme on the field.  How can you not be creative with the best two RB's in the nation?

UNT by 21

All good points, but even larger advantages didn't carry Oklahoma to victory over TCU this past weekend.

I'm expecting a great game with Middle Tennessee that could go either way.

Go Mean Green - New Orleans Bowl bound, wherever that may be.

UNT by 21

To be totally fair, there are some issues with your points.

1) DD is a good recruiter, but, insofar as pure namepower talent, MTSU has had the best Sun Belt recruiting classes for years. What makes our winning streak all the more impressive is that MTSU has had, on the whole, more talented teams than we did. That they have squandered such talent is unfortunate for them, but let's not overlook the incredible talent they have had the past few years.

2) One deep? I don't know about that. If they are one deep, I don't want to know what you think of us. I'm sure they have positions that are one deep, just as we do. But certainly not their entire team.

3) One certainty this Saturday will be that it will be a dogfight in the trenches. They have a Mammoth four year starter in the middle at nose tackle in 6'2, 322 pound Jeff Littlejohn. He is complemented by Quinton Staton, at 6'2, 271. Staton, at the DT spot, is as big as our starting NOSE tackle, Chris Miller, at 6'1, 270. With Sky Pruitt and Isaac Thomas both questionable, we won't have a guy on our defensive line heavier than 275. But to say that we're going to push them around without having seen a snap of gametime, I feel is a little premature.

4) Absolutely. But we aware that they'll be stacking the box all game long. No matter who you are, no matter where you play, no matter who you're playing, a 9 man front is really tough to run against. And they held J-Mo to a relatively low 180 yards rushing. Again, we'll have to see how it plays out.

5) Meager has talent. I don't think anyone has ever said otherwise. The only question with him is how he handles pressure. When given time, he'll make people pay. But this will be a first for him, and history usually isn't kind to QBs making their first start at ANY level of football.

6) I have no idea what you are basing this on. At best, we have no idea about how our defense will handle MTSU. Without having seen a snap of our defense in a game situation, and seeing how MTSU performed against Alabama, this one might be a shootout.

7) Yep... you'll see some interesting formations and motions. I'm anxious to see how this works out.

8) Lots of speed, definitely.

No they're not.

vs. Southern Miss last year

Bama 51 carries 262 (Ken Darby 29 for 197)

NTSU 39 carries 78 (Thomas 29 for 92)

Who's backs are better?

First of all it's "whose backs are better?" Don't let that Tennessee education hold you back.

Second, Bama's O-Line is bigger, they are more of a threat to throw, and So Miss was completely healthy for their game against us. There's a lot more than goes into running the ball than the pure talent of the runner.

Last, when your defense can hold ANYBODY then come back and talk.

No they're not.

Who's backs are better?

OOPs. you have some problems with your logic. Jamario Thomas put up 247 yards on 32 (7.7)carries against colorado in boulder. Oklahoma also played colorado with a far superior offensive line on a neutral site and Adrian Peterson put up 172 on 28 tries (6.14)...

so am I to assume that in our game with a mutual opponent, NT had the better runinng back? nice try, but anyone who knows anything about college football wouldnt say we have the better back...unfortunately, there are more factors than just yardage gained to take into account, like passing attempts, the score, etc wink.gif

Edited by Eagle1855

No they're not.

Who's backs are better?

theburro,

I think you're in over your head.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Pr...unningBacks.htm

But I guess what cfn says really doesn't matter. The only stat that counts is

NT 4(wins, conference titles, bowl games)

MUTS 0(zero, nada, goose egg)

Guest JohnDenver

No they're not.

Who's backs are better?

It's like you bite your nose to spite your face. Jack-assery.

Your proof that Alabama has a better RB is because they are in a better conference (essentially)? That is just to say that Jamario got his numbers because he plays weak-assed teams like MTSU?! Self-deprecation at its finest folks. MTSU has some self esteem problems.

Hey, did you see that maps.google.com can't even get your name correct?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Murfreesboro,+TN&hl=en

We could play the numbers game all day long. It doesn't matter at this point. We'll compare stats after both Bama and UNT has played MTSU. That is the only way to determine. With that said, Jamario averaged more yard per carry against Big 12 teams than Sunflower teams. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I found a picture of your team's offseason workouts...

user posted image