Fouts Field Turf Project Reaches Final Stages

MeanGreen61

Fouts Field Turf Project Reaches Final Stages

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 08/24/2005

user posted image

Courtesy: Stephen Howard

After the grooming process is finished, Fouts Field will be available to the Mean Green football team.

AND facilities update photos !

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...0&ATCLID=178730

Now, I didn't say that. I'm just saying it looks a whole lot better than it did. Although I would like to see, and think we need, a new stadium within the next 5 years, it's not going to be quite so embarrassing to play at Fouts now.

What do you think we will avg. this year?

I think we average about 18K this year. Tulsa will bring them in and if we win just ONE of the OOC games (if we are going to win one then it should be Tulsa) then people will show up to the next one even though it is on a Tuesday night... it is on ESPN which she be enough motivation to get a good marketing push out of our Athletic Department. They are on a budget, but they will find the money somehow to push this game. Then we have Homecoming, that is a guaranteed 18K... then the Thansgiving game (could be a dissapointment), then the finale - might have a drop off for that as well. But I think that we average 18K in the end.

THE FIELD IS DONE!!!! I was out there today and talked to one of the guys laying down the rubber pellets. He told me that they were all layed down and all it needs is feet on it to grind the pellets in. It looks really good in person. Especially since they took that pitchers mound out of the middle of the field.