What would you pay for this?

emmitt01

I was thinking about how the athletic department could raise some money and an idea struck me.

How much would one of us pay for the ball that PC uses to break the school career rushing record? How much would the ball that Jamario carried to break the single game rushing record fetch? The cleats Kennedy wore in his last game? Scott Hall's jersey from his last game autographed? How about one of the game balls from the bowl win in 2002? I have one of the balls from the '01 game in Idaho that clinched the first bowl bid and I wouldn't part with it.

They could call the memorabilia the "Mean Green Milestones Collection" and auction off things like this to raise some money for scholarships or whatever. I'm sure one-of-a-kind pieces like this would picque the interest of quite a few people.

Back in the 90's the Athletic Department used to have yearly auctions. They would have athletic equipment and uniform stuff along with autographed and donated sports items, plus I think some fan trips, all to raise money for the department. There was some really neat stuff at those. 4 first-year Stars tickets, autographed puck and parking went for about $40. blink.gif

Edited by NT80

I saw a ball from the '99 NT win over Tech in a case at the new athletic center while waiting for Football 101 to start. They had a couple of others there, but mostly our trophies from conference titles and bowl games. I'm sure they must have more. It was my first visit to the new center, really great facility!

GMG!

How would NT Athletics balance what they would sell compared to what they would want to display in the new NT Hall of Honor facility at Eagle Point Campus?

Of course, if Mr. Deep Pockets want's to give $50,000 for any of Emmitt's aforementioned items I'm sure arrangement could be made. rolleyes.gif Even yet, such items might be most historical items for future Mean Greener to see for decades to come.

I think it is a great idea, but I'm not holding my breath. I have repeatedly offered pretty darn good money(upwards of $400) to several people in the department for just a helmet (not historic....just a helmet) and haven't got anywhere. Personally, I would go even higher on the scale for the final pieces to my collection. I just have to be patient and watch E-bay and hope.